ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

plz do read very complicated

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alllli
Newly Registered

plz do read very complicated

Post by alllli » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:31 pm

hiya,
I hope that anybody will kindly reply to this query.
I am a 28 years old male from , Kashmir , Pakistan .

I came to uk in april 2001 by marrying a british lady (spouse
visa) and it wasnt aforced marriage(actually mutually agreed, as we had feeling for each other).

But due to circumstances i find myself in a situation , where i end up getting divorced. she would never come with me to home office for my
indefinite leave(actually i got my passport from her last year ,when i agreed to divorce her, and my visa had expired in 2003) i have been here in uk for 6 years now.

During the past years she has humiliated me emotionally and made me
suffer financialy.

But i dont regret that all i worry about is that

i have lost the golden period of my life staying here.. i didnt study
..as i was studying in engineering but i left it for her to come to stay here in uk and also she told me that i could study here..

i cant go back to pakistan as most of my time has been spent , actually the golden period of my life, + i got no one there except my poor old mother(rest of my relatives are here and i wish oneday i cud go and see my mother )

i am scared that one of these days i be caught and sent back .and also
its very hard to survive here financialy , But still ihave
been working since i came here uptill now on my NI and paying tax..

plz can anybody advise me what to do or refer me to some one who can help me through this , as i have heard that government wants to give the amnesty for illegal immigrants , do i fall under any category ?

i am a very poor and disturbed guy ..but have enormous potential and at the same time i respect the
british values and find it very easy to adopt and mix in the culture..

regards,
ali

missy25
Newly Registered

Post by missy25 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:51 pm

I am sorry about your situation. i wish i had the knowledge to help (I also have some problems..) but i wish you so much success with your case.

IMMIGRATION LAWYER
United Kingdom

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:23 pm

Hello,

I am sorry to say but there is no chance for you to regularize your status in the UK.

Even if you find a new partner you will have to leave the UK...to do the whole thing again (UK spouse visa under para 281 HC 395, for example).

jimquk
United Kingdom

Post by jimquk » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:32 pm

Sorry about your situation.

There is NO AMNESTY at the moment. There is an exercise under way to resolve outstanding asylum cases. People that claimed asylum in the past and are still in the UK without having had a positive decision will have their cases looked at again - not all of them, and perhaps not the majority, will be given papers to stay. As far as is known, there are no plans for other categories of "illegals".

Sorry I can't be more help; however, I think you do yourself no favours thinking that
i have lost the golden period of my life
. Your life is still in front of you. Good luck.
The Refused are coming day-by-day nearer to freedom.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:28 pm

There is nothing to suggest that people in your position will be regularised.

You haven't lost the "golden period" of your life. You are only 28!
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:50 pm

avjones wrote:There is nothing to suggest that people in your position will be regularised.

You haven't lost the "golden period" of your life. You are only 28!
Maybe he can try abusive spouse

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:02 pm

I don't think so - there has to be proof of domestic violence, and the application has to be made within the currency of the previous leave, and the marriage has to have broken down because of the violence.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:09 pm

avjones wrote:I don't think so - there has to be proof of domestic violence, and the application has to be made within the currency of the previous leave, and the marriage has to have broken down because of the violence.
Just skimming so if he is outside his leave, yep no go.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:53 pm

Ali - sorry to hear your story. I've sent you a PM, if you want to check your in-box.

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:46 pm

1. Why did you not do anything when your spouse visa was about to expire (that was many years ago and presumably before the recent talk of a possible divorce)?

2. Officially, are you still married to her?