ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Enquirer77

Schengen Visa

Post by Enquirer77 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:08 pm

Following our imminent marriage, my fiancée and I want to go to Europe for our honeymoon (possibly Greece). I am a Britich citizen and my fiancée is a Ukranian citizen. From what I've read on other posts on this website & (EC) No 539/2001, my future wife will need a Schengen visa to be able to travel freely (to Schengen countries).

My question is, can she have a Schengen visa whilst she's still on her 6 month fiancé visa by providing a copy of our marriage certificate and both our passports to the embassy of the country we intent to visit? As we wish to travel on our honeymoon straight after our marriage there won't be time to apply for her 2-year Spouse visa before travelling.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Schengen Visa

Post by Wanderer » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:17 pm

Enquirer77 wrote:Following our imminent marriage, my fiancée and I want to go to Europe for our honeymoon (possibly Greece). I am a Britich citizen and my fiancée is a Ukranian citizen. From what I've read on other posts on this website & (EC) No 539/2001, my future wife will need a Schengen visa to be able to travel freely (to Schengen countries).

My question is, can she have a Schengen visa whilst she's still on her 6 month fiancé visa by providing a copy of our marriage certificate and both our passports to the embassy of the country we intent to visit? As we wish to travel on our honeymoon straight after our marriage there won't be time to apply for her 2-year Spouse visa before travelling.
Judging by some posts in the Euro section ur wives visa will have expired by the time u get an appointment!

You don't actually need a visa for her under EU laws, but the plebs on the desks don't know the rules. Seek and ye shall find via the search button.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mym
Member of Standing

Re: Schengen Visa

Post by mym » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:55 pm

Enquirer77 wrote:My question is, can she have a Schengen visa whilst she's still on her 6 month fiancé visa by providing a copy of our marriage certificate and both our passports to the embassy of the country we intent to visit?
Yes, they should not be interested in her UK visa, only in the fact that she is travelling with her EU spouse.

Read http://ec.europa.eu/commission_barroso/ ... _ec_en.pdf

However I recall reading some comments about the UK authorities not being keen on people continuing to use a Fiancé/Proposed Civil Partner Visa once they are married - so when you get back from honeymoon you may get a bit of a grilling on re-entry.
--
Mark Y-M
London