ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2, 5 years, do i need P60s to prove residence?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Leaver

Tier 2, 5 years, do i need P60s to prove residence?

Post by Leaver » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:30 pm

Titl3 says it all, thanks for your thoughts.

What is the purpose of the P60, to prove residence over 5y, or to prove you paid your fiar share of taxes?

has anyone received the ILR via Tier 2, without submitting P60s?

Many thanks

cfdman

Re: Tier 2, 5 years, do i need P60s to prove residence?

Post by cfdman » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:05 pm

Its not a mandatory document for tier 2 as you r sponsored by an employer throughout your stay and your visa is based on your employement (i.e you would not haved stayed without being employed).
Also, your employer is going certify that you are employed from dd/mm/yyyy day till today.
So, P60 is a superfluos document.
But, if you have it, submit it.

Leaver

Post by Leaver » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:00 am

thanks, its helpful, i hoped its like this.

I only have the most recent p60 not all 5y, so wont even mention it probably.

Leaver

Post by Leaver » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:20 pm

being i am applying via Tier 2, do i need to prove residence via council tax, utility bills? not sure if i have all these for the past 5 years.

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:55 pm

being i am applying via Tier 2, do i need to prove residence via council tax, utility bills?
No. Unless you have dependent applying with you and you are going to use council tax/utility bills for cohabitation proof.
If no dependents, then you don't need any of them.

Leaver

Post by Leaver » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:53 pm

great, thanks for the advice!
So,
If submitting for myself only, via Tier 2 5y visa residency, i only need to submit below + copies:

2x photos
PEO meeting confirm letter
SET O form
LIFE in the UK certificate
IELTS certificate
Absence sheet (total 364 days in 5 year, max 60 days absence in one go, no 180 days in any 12 months)
119 days absences max in any 12 months (was changing jobs and visas from abroad)
Passports with all relevant visas
Current employer letter (last 18 months) stating i am still needed for work, my salary, annual leave entitelment
3 months payslips
3 month bank statements
Mortgage statement (not needed but shows i am tied to the UK by owning my house)
UK drivers license (proof of address and mortgage match)

thanks for your time!!
Last edited by Leaver on Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:17 pm

* Your currrent tier 2 BRP
* Appintment confirmation (for PEO appointment) / Payment sheet

Make sure that your employer letter contains the SOC code / your job title, employment start date, pay rate and confirmation that tghis is above the required rate of pay for your job as per SOC guidelines.

I hope, your absence sheet is prepared by your employer.
I mean, for absences, you need a letter from employer stating that you were absent from -- to -- date and it was your paid annual absences / business trip.

Rest all seems fine.

Just carry your old bank statements/payslips/ P60's (if available), in case if the caseworker needs to have alook.
But, no need to submit them.

Good luck.

Leaver

Post by Leaver » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:44 pm

thanks for your attention, appreaciate it.

1. i dont have a BRP, never managed to get one...hopefully not a problem? will submit current visa/passport
2. Yes forgot the appointment confirm.
3. employer letter contains all of above...and has a sentence "Employee XX is still employed in this function and capacity..".."He is required to travel for busines purposes as detailed in his absences sheet"
4. So no, my employer didnt prepare my absences sheet, i did myself. Do you think above sentence would cover the work and annual leave related absences? the sheet does specify if its "work" or "leave" and brief description... leaves add up to 25 days per year.
5. i travel a lot for work to my home country, so this shows in the absences...around 100 days of business trips, 3 days per trip...surely they dont required each of these to go in a letter signed by the employer? or do they?

thanks!!

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:28 pm

Given that your leave is about 25 days, I think you will be fine.
But, if you can, ask them to copy paste your absence letter in their letterhead and sigh below it.
Jut to be sure.

Leaver

Post by Leaver » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:27 pm

my emplyer said they cant specify exact absences and their legal counsel said they are not required to..hopefully will be ok..

silly question, the "payment details" page 7/76 on SET O forms - if i paid online for a same day, do i still need to fill in this page?

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:42 pm

No.
Carry the payment confirmation page (which shos the reference number of the payment).
Also, don't forget appointment confirmation (different from payment confirmation, check your Email for this).

Leaver

Post by Leaver » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:52 pm

yep, its a sneaky email confirmation for the appointment..going this thursday...!

thanks for the time guru cfdman

Leaver

Post by Leaver » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:16 pm

is one expected to provide print outs of flights and hotel bookings for annual leave and business trips outside the UK for the 5 years, when applying on Tier 2?

thanks once again...

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:21 pm

I didnot carry any, neither was asked to submit.
But, if you got all of them, no harm in carrying them with you. Just in case, they ask you. But I highly doubt they will.

Leaver

Post by Leaver » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:45 pm

yeah i dont have them, would have to spend the night digging through my multiple inboxes and emails and then print out...
seems like its not needed when i read the forum.

i also have the results from my Subject Access Request..i assume they also have this data so no need to send..

in addition, i was communicating with a senior adviser from the HO all this time, asking about my situation, him telling me its ok i should nave no issues...so thinking whether to submit this or just keep handy if any issues..

Leaver

Post by Leaver » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:08 pm

ILR approved, thanks for the tips!!