ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK naturalisation query - 5years residency for house wife

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Neesheel
India

UK naturalisation query - 5years residency for house wife

Post by Neesheel » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:46 pm

Hello,

I am applying for naturalisation.

According to section 3 supporting document, we need to give evidence of 5 years residence in the UK. I have my passport to prove this, however it only has one year stamp and rest 4 years were on biometrics.

I am house wife and haven't worked in uk so don't have employment related details. Can you please suggest which documents should I give? Is passport still fine? Can home office letter we get before biometric card confirming visa granted is acceptable?

Any thoughts or experience of people in similar situation will be much appreciated.

Thanks !

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Re: UK naturalisation query - 5years residency for house wif

Post by akhurshid » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:50 pm

Neesheel wrote:Hello,

I am applying for naturalisation.

According to section 3 supporting document, we need to give evidence of 5 years residence in the UK. I have my passport to prove this, however it only has one year stamp and rest 4 years were on biometrics.

I am house wife and haven't worked in uk so don't have employment related details. Can you please suggest which documents should I give? Is passport still fine? Can home office letter we get before biometric card confirming visa granted is acceptable?

Any thoughts or experience of people in similar situation will be much appreciated.

Thanks !
You'll be fine as long you don't have gap in your passports. All the look for on passports is entry and exit stamps to calculate your absence. They already have your visa history.