ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice on applying ILR now or after holiday trip

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Iepi
Newly Registered

Need advice on applying ILR now or after holiday trip

Post by Iepi » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Hello. I need some advice on deciding when to apply for ILR. I have all the documents and requirements ready but I haven't filled up the application form. I am posting some queries about filling it ip but I need advise base on your experiences on when toapply. The earliest I am looking to apply for a premium PEO appointment is March 10, 2015. I have a scheduled out of the country holiday on March 27, 2015. Is it cutting too close to apply because I know that my application is pretty straioghtforward but you never know and I can't afford not to go home. It is quite expensive to cancel everything BUT I would really want to go home with my application all settled. I need advise if my plan to apply on March 10 is okay and seems possible. Please please need advise. Thank you so much. Much appreciated.

cfdman

Re: Need advice on applying ILR now or after holiday trip

Post by cfdman » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:48 am

Well, nobody can really give you an assurance. It is upto you.

But, given the fact that your case is straigtforward, it is very rare to get into any issues. Go ahead and book your appointment on March 10 (make sure you are eligible for ILR by this date).
You have sufficient time to receive your biometric as you planned trip is about two weeks later.

If you are not so convined then why not apply when you come back from holidays (I presume that your visa remains valid until then).

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:57 am

Note that most fees goes up in April.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Iepi
Newly Registered

Post by Iepi » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:41 pm

Thank you so much for all your replies. One consideration is the fees.