ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Name due to Marriage

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

purplepple

Change of Name due to Marriage

Post by purplepple » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:01 am

For the women who recently changed their surnames due to marriage, did you have to provide a marriage certificate showing your maiden name and your spouse' name?

Some of my documents are under my maiden name and some are under my married name. I'm afraid the caseworker will not consider them unless I provide a marriage certificate (which is not required nor mentioned in the list of evidences.

If you had experienced this, appreciate your feedback.

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:35 am

Hi,
why dont you apply with what name is in the passport. If you want to apply with the married name then attach the marriage certificate as well.

purplepple

change of name due to marriage

Post by purplepple » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:03 am

My problem is my passport, diplomas, and bank statements are under my maiden name. My pay slips are under my married name.

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:22 am

Hi purple,
I think yours is the new hsmp application.
Apply with the name that is in your passport, submit all the diplomas and certificates in whatever name it is, attach your marriage certificate.
I didnt get what is your problem? Otherwise change your name in passport

purplepple

Post by purplepple » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:36 am

I emailed HO Customer Service and this is their reply:

When making the application please include a covering letter explaining the name changes, I would also suggest that you include any documentation you have to support it.

roy_rajat

Post by roy_rajat » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:08 am

purplepple wrote:I emailed HO Customer Service and this is their reply:

When making the application please include a covering letter explaining the name changes, I would also suggest that you include any documentation you have to support it.
Cant you get your name changed in the passport, it hardly takes one day. that would strengthen your case along with the marriage certificate.

aman

Post by aman » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:22 am

Besides the name change, you could have your spouse name in the passport.
Will be helpful for EC too.
If present address is the same as the one on your spouse passport things would take 1-2 days.
else might have to go thru police verification, which could be long.
i would strongly advise to talk to passport office/agents.

Thanks,
Aman

roy_rajat

Post by roy_rajat » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:43 pm

aman wrote:Besides the name change, you could have your spouse name in the passport.
Will be helpful for EC too.
If present address is the same as the one on your spouse passport things would take 1-2 days.
else might have to go thru police verification, which could be long.
i would strongly advise to talk to passport office/agents.

Thanks,
Aman
Are you in UK? if yes then no police verification is required for change of sirname following marriage. The same should be the case in india as well. Obviously before change of name the passports would have different adddress.