ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS TEST DATE margin for application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ajaysharmanyc2006

IELTS TEST DATE margin for application

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:09 am

Hi all,

I have at last planned to take ILETS exams coz I don't want to take any chances. The closest date I can appear for this exam is sep 8th. I am planning to file my application by 15th september. My gamble is that It takes atleast 15 days to get the results so I can save few days by not waiting for the results and submit the results later as additional documents. However, when i was going through FAQs, I came across following guidance regarding TOEFL exam which says that you should get the score before you apply.
I was wondering if the same rule is applicable for IELTS exam as well?

39. Do TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) English language qualifications satisfy the English Language requirements for HSMP?
Yes, TOEFL certificates satisfy the English language criteria where they are of a level equivalent to IELTS level 6 and were awarded prior to you making your application.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Ajay Sharma

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: IELTS TEST DATE margin for application

Post by pantaiema » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:45 pm

What I could say better to way a few days reather than start from the sratcht again. So my advice wait your IELTS resulat and senld your application with IELTS results
ajaysharmanyc2006 wrote:Hi all,

I have at last planned to take ILETS exams coz I don't want to take any chances. The closest date I can appear for this exam is sep 8th. I am planning to file my application by 15th september. My gamble is that It takes atleast 15 days to get the results so I can save few days by not waiting for the results and submit the results later as additional documents. However, when i was going through FAQs, I came across following guidance regarding TOEFL exam which says that you should get the score before you apply.

39. Do TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) English language qualifications satisfy the English Language requirements for HSMP?
Yes, TOEFL certificates satisfy the English language criteria where they are of a level equivalent to IELTS level 6 and were awarded prior to you making your application.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Ajay Sharma
Pantaiema

chicku

Re: IELTS TEST DATE margin for application

Post by chicku » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:14 pm

ajaysharmanyc2006 wrote:Hi all,

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Ajay Sharma
Do not take chances. Wait for the result to come and then apply in full.

makon

Post by makon » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:08 am

I SAW SOMEWHERE IN THE GUIDANCE THAT YOU CAN SEND THE APPLICATION AND THEN SEND THE RESULT LATER BUT YOU HAVE TO STATE ON THE FORM THAT THE SHOULD WAIT FOR THE RESULT.

HOWEVER, IF YOU WRITE AND FAIL, THEY WUDN'T WAIT FOR U TO WRITE THE SECOND TIME

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:41 am

if TOEFL then make sure that they cover listening, reading, writing and speaking as well.