ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship v Carer Allowance

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

essay2me
Newly Registered

British Citizenship v Carer Allowance

Post by essay2me » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:17 pm

Hello,
I am a Polish and have been living in England since Feb 2005. I worked from that time till July 2009, then was on maternity leave till Apr 2010. My daughter was not well so I stayed home with her, later on she was diagnosed with kidney condition and deafness.
At present I am home with her as she needs extra help with everyday life. I started claiming Carer's Allowance in 2013. I am with my daughter's father, he is British. We are not planning to get married nor civil partnership.I have private health insurance and am self sufficient although as mentioned above started claiming Carer's Allowance in 2013. I have not applied for permanent residency as I was advised it does not change a fact on British Citizenship as long as you have enough working years and remained in the UK for certain time. Is there a way in my case to become a British Citizen? I am planning to stay here forever. I have passed Life in the UK and hold ESOL Entry 3.
I hope you can help.

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: British Citizenship v Carer Allowance

Post by milan69 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:18 pm

Maybe by following this thread as well you might get some answers:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 81436.html
I am sometimes wrong.