ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR form SEt(O) help please.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Misspoppy
Newly Registered

ILR form SEt(O) help please.

Post by Misspoppy » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:08 pm

Hi there

I am in the process of filling out my ILR form SET(O). I am an American citizen who has lived and worked in the UK for six years. I am a Microsoft consultant with a Bachelors degree from the University of Southern California and I am finding the form very difficult to interpret. I've renewed my visa twice, have a residency permit, and I would rather not pay again an exorbitant amount if I can help it. Can anyone help or offer a reasonable council?

My residency permit is a Tier 1 general.

Section 3 of the form requires me to select subsection A or B. I don't want to select subsection A because of my age, 42, which would require following the point system. I'd rather follow subsection B which seems to fall out of the point system.

However, in Section 5 I must fill out the SOC code if I am applying as a work permit holder I have to fill in an SOC code and corresponding rate of pay. The SOC code I found was 2135, an IT Architect. But that seems to fall under Tier 2 which conflicts with my current status.

I make 80,000£ a year, have passed the UK 'test,' and obviously speak English.

Why is this so hard?

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Re: ILR form SEt(O) help please.

Post by Tier1G09 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:45 pm

I believe if you are on Tier 1 General than you have to select Section A. You cannot decide any section based on your convenience. You have to select the category under which your application is based on.

stupidimmigrant

Re: ILR form SEt(O) help please.

Post by stupidimmigrant » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:13 pm

I do not think it depends on you which section to fill in. It is as per rules of Home office. Everyone has to follow the rules.

Some people do not even make half of the money you claim to be earning but still pay the visa fees.