ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for ILR before or after business trip?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kookamunga22
Newly Registered

Apply for ILR before or after business trip?

Post by kookamunga22 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:27 am

Hi everyone, I'm planning to apply for ILR in July this year. I am planning to book a PEO in-person appointment since I did this the last time and felt it was worth the extra money to get an answer on the same day. I'm eligible to book an appointment between July 9 until August 6 (August 6 is the day my visa expires). I have a conference I need to attend out of the UK for work that is taking place July 23-25. I'm unsure if it would be best for me to apply for ILR before or after the conference. If I remember correctly from my last in-person appointment, I walked away with my passport in hand and a letter saying I'd get my biometrics visa card in the post within 2 weeks. Is this still the case? If so, then ideally I'd be able to travel to/from the conference on ILR if I apply on July 9th. Or should I wait to make the appointment until after I return from the conference? Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.