ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

family/parents Visitor visa refused

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

star17

family/parents Visitor visa refused

Post by star17 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:47 pm

hi
i got British Nationality, i sponsored family visitor visa for my parents father age 65 and mother age 60, along with my unmarried sister age 36 who lives with my parents. they applied from Pakistan, application was processed in Abu Dhabi.

the ECO mainly says in refusal following:

you have stated that your sponsor will pay for your travel cost as well as being responsible for your maintenance and accommodation.from the sporting documents you have submitted, i am satisfied thy are able to meet this responsibility. however, whilst i am satisfied with this, i still have to satisfy you own personal and financial circumstances in Pakistan, and your intention to leave the UK on completion of your proposed visit to UK.

after that ECO raises couple points which were not correct e.g

objection 1- i noted you applied for entry clearance along with your wife and daughter, you have not demonstrated that you have any family members remaining in Pakistan.
Reply to Objection 1- this was wrong, as clearly it was mentioned that my youngest brother who also dependant of my father and lives with my parents, will stay home in Pakistan.

Objection 2- you have not demonstrated your own funds and assets etc
Reply to Objection 2- again this was not true, we provided assets details ( all documents/proof were attached) which are on my father's name worth 12 Million Rupees and some savings in sisters bank account ( who is my father's dependant) , as my father uses her account for keeping money as she handles all hassles of withdrawing money or deposits etc.

Objection 3- All of this means that, on the balance of probabilities, i am not satisfied that you have accurately presented your circumstances, or intentions in wishing to visit the UK now. i am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor or that you intend to leave the UK on completion of your visit. paragraph 41 (i) (ii) of Immigration Rules.

Reply to Objection 3- Again this was not correct: in cover letter we did described that they want to see their sons ( i got another brother, who is British national here in UK who has 2 sons and i got 3 daughters ) and grand children and did mention that my other brother's sons have health issue both are getting treatment here so they cant visit Pakistan and i mentioned my daughters are school going and its not easy for us to travel now specially this year my daughter will sit in grammar school's exam and we are not going anywhere. also due my job commitments and my wife is in full time job, its hard to get all of us to take time off at same time.

NOTE: it also says, your right of appeal is limited to the ground referred to in section 84 (1)(c) of nationality, immigration and asylum ACT 2002.

my mother and sister and younger brother ( who i mentioned this time will stay home and did not apply visa) were granted visit visa in 2005, initially they refused we went to tribunal and later it was granted. but it was granted after 7 to 8 months later then there planned visit, they could travel as they were studding at time and those wasn't suitable for them to travel so that visa was wasted.

So Question is, WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS ?

i heard that appeal system is finished now, UKBA is not providing me any information, how to request for" RECONSIDERATION", i have been in touch with them few times. there is no address or contact no on refusal letter where i can write etc.

i really appreciate your help.

Regards

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Re: family/parents Visitor visa refused

Post by Mauser1905 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:04 am

Sorry to hear your refusal.

In regards to your appeal rights, also see this thread for further discussion. http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1149091

You say your father is supporting daughter at 36 and another brother both at home. He is aged 65. This IMHO will raise concern of motives of visit from ECO's perspective. Now think if the application provided evidence that both siblings have strong ties to Pakistan, their close family, finances etc other than your parents and; not dependent on father. Father if retired has pension statements, other income trail supporting monthly outgoings etc. then it would have been much easier.

ECO sees ONLY the evidence you provide and how you presented. Key to providing a potential successful application is to understand what concerns ECO may have in regards to your application and providing more than sufficient satisfactory evidence in the eyes of ECO.

In the absence of appeal, fresh correctly presented application may be suitable for your case.

regards