ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Correct form for Applying ILR for kid

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kiya1508
Newly Registered

Correct form for Applying ILR for kid

Post by kiya1508 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:00 pm

Hi Friends,

My Wife and Myself both got ILR through Tier-1 route few months ago. Now I want to apply ILR for my 2 year old daughter who is here with us in UK. Which form I should use ? I am guessing it's SET(0) as she is currently in tier-1 dependant visa. or is it SET(F)?

I am looking at below thread. Looks like both forms are used in different cases? any thoughts please? thanks in advance.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 67204.html

kiya1508
Newly Registered

Re: Correct form for Applying ILR for kid

Post by kiya1508 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:58 am

Hello,

I made ILR application for Kid only and got it approved.. If anybody is in similar circumstances this info may help

1. Form --> SET (0) I was previosuly on tier-1

2. Documents Submitted -->
Passports, BRP cards for both parents
Kid's passport and current BRP card
Kid's Birth Certificate
Few address proofs on Kid's name..

I felt its strightforward as both parents already have their ILR approved.. No request for extra documents...etc

spzenthil

Post by spzenthil » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:32 am

Hi,

I am also bit confused on what forms to use. I called up the home office customer care they are not sure as well whether SET O or SET F.

I am also in similar case where I got my ILR approved last week and planning to apply ILR for my daugther before April 6th now.
She is 3 years now and currently in PBS dependent visa. I was in Tier 1 General visa before my ILR.

One of the customer care was saying that she has to be here for 5 years before applying ILR which I didn't hear it before then. Anybody else think it should be the case? Also any pointers on correct application form would help.

Thanks,
-Senthil

ALI97
Pakistan

Post by ALI97 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:53 am

hi kiya1508
if your daughter was born here in uk then ur daughter is eligible for registration of british nationality.....uk born kids no need ilr visa for BC registration.

and same for spzenthi if ur daughter born in uk u can apply directly for her british nationality via MN1 form

spzenthil

Post by spzenthil » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:09 am

Hi ALI97,

Thanks for the information but she was born in India and she has Tier 1 dependent visa currently.so unfortunately I have to go through the ILR route only.

Thanks,
-Senthil

ALI97
Pakistan

Post by ALI97 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:19 pm

hi kiya1508

kingascona was successful. However, others may not be so lucky.#
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1011322
kingascona writes
Just yesterday, my friend also received his daughter's registration certificate via post. My friend who naturalized as a British citizen 3 years ago, his wife has ILR since November 2013.

Their daughter (6 years old) who was born in Ghana and was on dependent visa which expired in June 2013. Before June 2013, they applied for an extension (Visa) for their daughter but only to be told in February 2014 that they used the wrong visa Forms after waiting for about 8 months; their visa fee was refunded to them.

I advised them not to bother or waste their money applying for an extension or ILR for her and therefore should register their daughter as a British citizen since the father is a British Citizen and the mother has ILR and also the daughter meet the requirement in 9.17. They heed to my advice.

If a child who was not in the UK, who was on dependent visa (that expired in June 2013) has been granted British citizenship in April 2014 then that confirms my claim that a minor do not need ILR under Section 3(1) to be registered as a British citizen provided the child and parents meet the requirement set out in Section 3(1) Chapter 9 of the British Nationality Act 1981.

It has worked for my two boys who were both born in Ghana and it has also worked for my friend's daughter. The family is very pleased and I am also pleased.

One of my friends will apply for an ILR for the wife (not including his 3 kids) in September 2014 and then go ahead and register his 3 kids who were born in Ghana and are on dependent visas which expires in October 2014. The wife will go for a premium service. My friend is going to save over £2,000 for not including the kids in the wife's ILR application.

I will keep you informed of the outcome.
kingascona

spzenthil

Post by spzenthil » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:06 am

Hi Ali97,

That's surprising to hear. so we can directly apply MN1 form for non-UK born children under what all scenario?
Does atleast one of the parent should hold british citizenship? or it can applied if they are in ILR as well?

Thanks,
-Senthil

ALI97
Pakistan

Post by ALI97 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:59 am

Hi spzenthil
yes atleast one parent should have nationality and ather parent either ilr or nationalilty.
If u read thread link Ineed my previous post u will got full understanding. .....tThis is risky way to apply without ilr but rules are there....