ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK NARIC ELA - advice please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ather12
Newly Registered

UK NARIC ELA - advice please

Post by ather12 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:13 am

Hi All,

UK NARIC have confirmed following in their ELA letter:-

Title of Award: Bachelor of Computer Software Engineering
Level of English : The Level of English language for the above degree course
does not meet the requirement of CEFR level C1
Additional Information : Based on the information currently held by UK NARIC in
relation to the English language proficiency of graduate of
your degree, we are not in the position to amend our current
guidance in order to confirm that CEFR C1 command of
English will have been met by the entire cohort.
Nonetheless, it is worth noting that holders of your degree
would meet lower CEFR level descriptors, up to and including
CEFR B2.

Can you please confirm that above UK NARIC English language assessment (ELA) is acceptable as evidence of Knowledge of language requirement? I have already passed life in the UK test.

Kind Regards
Ather

gbhsmp
United Kingdom

Re: UK NARIC ELA - advice please

Post by gbhsmp » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:16 pm

https://www.gov.uk/english-language
says that
an English qualification at B1, B2, C1 or C2 level

Since NARIC letter is not very affirmative in what it is saying, I am not sure if we can take it that it says that the degree is atleast B2 and above

I found that NARIC is very good in helping. You can call them to find out what can be done next (it is a big wait in the phone queue however)

ather12
Newly Registered

Re: UK NARIC ELA - advice please

Post by ather12 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:27 pm

gbhsmp wrote:https://www.gov.uk/english-language
says that
an English qualification at B1, B2, C1 or C2 level

Since NARIC letter is not very affirmative in what it is saying, I am not sure if we can take it that it says that the degree is atleast B2 and above

I found that NARIC is very good in helping. You can call them to find out what can be done next (it is a big wait in the phone queue however)
Hi gbhsmp,

Thanks for your reply. Below is what I copied from UK NARIC site.

UK NARIC’s English Language Assessment provides an assessment and a statement:
  • - to confirm whether an individual’s approved English language test meets the required level of English language proficiency (CEFR level C1)
    - to confirm for PBS applications (Tiers 1, 2 or 4) that an academic qualification is comparable to a UK Bachelor degree and taught in English to the standard of CEFR C1 [Please note, for a separate written assessment confirming the comparable UK level of your academic qualification, you would also need to apply for a UK NARIC Statement of Comparability]
    - to confirm for settlement and citizenship applications that an international academic qualification deemed comparable to a UK Bachelor, Master’s or (in exceptional circumstances) PhD degree is taught in English to the standard of CEFR B1, B2 or C1. [Please note, for a separate written assessment confirming the comparable UK level of your academic qualification, you would also need to apply for the UK NARIC Statement of Comparability]
I called UK NARIC and they confirm that letter confirms that I have your bachelor degree english level is upto CEFR B2. Do I need to confirm from home office?

Kind Regards