ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA rejected application with residency card

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

paperino7
Newly Registered

EEA rejected application with residency card

Post by paperino7 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:21 pm

Hi-

I am an EU citizen and my application was recently rejected. The reason was:
"As you have not provided any evidence of comprehensive medical insurance from when you attended university we cannot confirm that you are deemed as having permanent residence. this application is therefore refused.

If you still wish to become a British citizen, you will need to make a fresh application You are adviced to contact the Immigration Department with a view to obtaining permanent residence before doing so".
Now, before I applied for naturisation I applied for a permanent residency card and in SeptemberI was issued with a Registration certificate from UKVI. Doesn't this already confirm me having permanent residence? Section 4 of the AN application form states that additional evidence (comprehensive medical insurance) is only required when:
"If you do not provide a document
certifying permanent residence or a permanent residence card then you must provide the following for consideration: SECTION 5 Evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions:required for all applicants except those covered b"
Do you guys think I have grounds to appeal this decision or should I accept defeat? Thank you for your time.

zonkkk

Re: EEA rejected application with residency card

Post by zonkkk » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:02 pm

A permanent residency card only proves exercising of EEA treaty rights for 5 years before it was issued.
You need to wait one year after your permanent residency certificate was issued before applying for citizenship, or you need to provide details of exercising treaty rights for 6 years before your application for citizenship.

Did you provide additional evidence except for your Registration Certificate?

paperino7
Newly Registered

Post by paperino7 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:07 pm

Thanks for the response. No I did not, as I thought the residency card was all that was necessary based on their description of section 4 on the AN form. In order to be certain I went through my local nationality checking service and they did not raise any flags.

So currently I do not hold permanent residency status, with the registration certificate? What changes after a year from the date it was issued? Do they issue a new document or something gets updated in their system?

paperino7
Newly Registered

Post by paperino7 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:09 pm

from the residency card application https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _01-15.pdf:
Use this application form if you wish to apply for a document certifying permanent residence (if you’re an EEA national) or permanent residence card (if you’re a non-EEA national) as confirmation of a right of permanent residence under the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 (‘the EEA Regulations’).

zonkkk

Post by zonkkk » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:10 pm

You are a permanent resident.

However if you want to become a citizen you need to be a permanent resident for at least one year before applying.

Jaeger
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jaeger » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:23 pm

You want to have a Document Certifying Permanent Residence.

Registration Certificate is not a proof of a permanent residence. Both documents look almost the same. On a vignette under Type Of Document it clearly says which one it is. There is also an explanation on the back of a booklet.

If you believe that UKVI made an error then contact them so they can send you a correct document. Which application form have you used? It was supposed to be EEA3.

Please write a bit more about your circumstances. How long have you been in the UK? In what capacity have you exercised Treaty Rights? What evidence have you included?