ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport expiry and Tier 1 renewal.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jj47611
Newly Registered

Passport expiry and Tier 1 renewal.

Post by jj47611 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:40 pm

Hi,

I am an Indian national on a Tier 1 (General) visa in the UK. I am planning to apply for the Tier 1 extension in early March 2015 - using same day premium service. My Indian passport expires by mid April 2015. I would like to know whether this will be an issue while applying for extension i.e. my passport will be expiring in less than two months at the time of the visa application.

From what I have gathered from the websites and the visa application form, the requirement is 'current valid original passport'.
Could you please advice whether the Indian passport will be considered as valid up to the expiry date given in the passport - for the purpose of Tier 1 extension applications, so that I will not face a problem during application related to this.

(The query arises because I heard some countries require that the passport expiry should be minimum six/three months after the visa application)

Thanks in advance,

rajkash
Newly Registered

Re: Passport expiry and Tier 1 renewal.

Post by rajkash » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:40 pm

I had a similar situation, I however renewed my passport in December 2014 to avoid any problems.

You can call the UK Visas office at 0300 123 2241 to confirm whether u need to renew ur passport or not.