ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US Visitors Visa for Indian spouse of UK National

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mark_milhouse
Newly Registered

US Visitors Visa for Indian spouse of UK National

Post by mark_milhouse » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:42 am

Hi, I am a British Citizen and my wife is an Indian national. We live in the UK and she came over to join me here in July. We are planning to visit the US for 5 days sometime in November. I have been to the US several times before and I don't need a visa.

Will my wife need a visa to travel with me to the US? what documents should she and I provide? How long does it usually take to get one? She is joinging work in september. Will that affect her application is any way because she just arrived? Please can someone direct me to similar topics on this forum?

Kindly help.

Cheers!

JAJ
Australia

Re: US Visitors Visa for Indian spouse of UK National

Post by JAJ » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:25 am

mark_milhouse wrote:Hi, I am a British Citizen and my wife is an Indian national. We live in the UK and she came over to join me here in July. We are planning to visit the US for 5 days sometime in November. I have been to the US several times before and I don't need a visa.

Will my wife need a visa to travel with me to the US? what documents should she and I provide? How long does it usually take to get one? She is joinging work in september. Will that affect her application is any way because she just arrived? Please can someone direct me to similar topics on this forum?
Yes she will need a visa. Start at:
http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/index.html

It may be difficult for her to get a visa in London until she can show strong ties to the United Kingdom.