ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP approval under Old Rules ,Do I need IELTS?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

HSMP approval under Old Rules ,Do I need IELTS?

Post by waheed » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:29 am

Dear Forum Members,

This forum is extremely helpful and have answered all the queries relating to HSMP.

I have got HSMP approval under the old rules (65 points) and have not done IELTS /nor have submitted certificate regarding the medium of istruction was english in my MBA ( from IBA Punjab University lahore Pakistan)

Now when applying for the EC , should I have to clear the IELTS or get the get the English language certificate from the University or should apply without the IELTS and the English language certificate from the University.

Regards

Waheed

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:14 pm

Aren't u a little late on applying for an EC if you got approval under old rules. Old rules ended last Nov...

Well in my opinion u might not have problems in obtaining the EC but again while applying for FLR at later stage you will be required to submit the English Requirement proof.

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:39 pm

Ashekt Bro

Thanks for replying its a long story. I received my HSMP approval letter in July 2007 and its valid for six months ie January 2008.

When applying for FLR do I have to submit the IELTS report or the certificate from the university that the medium of instruction is English.

Regards

Waheed

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:58 pm

This is an extract from the FLR Guidance issue by Home Office

Requirements
5. In order to demonstrate the required level of competence in English, you must possess one of the following:
• An International English Language Testing System (IELTS ) qualification at Band 6; or
• A degree, taught in English, and of an equivalent level to a UK Bachelors Degree (as recognised by NARIC)

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:32 am

Thanks bro for the info. I have a question again

I have obtained a certificate from my university that the medium of instruction is English, now if I also take the IELTS exam , will it be valid till the ILR/FLR process or I have to take the IELTS exam again at that time

Regards

Waheed

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:26 am

waheed wrote:Thanks bro for the info. I have a question again

I have obtained a certificate from my university that the medium of instruction is English, now if I also take the IELTS exam , will it be valid till the ILR/FLR process or I have to take the IELTS exam again at that time

Regards

Waheed
IELTS is valid only for 2 years

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:20 pm

I am not too sure but in my opinion I think, the 2 year rule does not apply for FLR. If you have obtained IELTS even before 2 years of applying for FLR, it will still be taken as a valid proof.

Can anybody else comment.

siqbal

Post by siqbal » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:58 pm

@@waheed,

Hi,

Waheed, I read your post regarding the review request (rather second review reuqest) and getting approval...

I am almost in the same sitaution.. Got refusal due to verification checks.

Following is link to my post..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=18227

I need your help to submit review request...

I sent you a personal message. Can you please check it and send me reply.

Regards,
S.I

willnotbackHSMP

Post by willnotbackHSMP » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:12 pm

Ashekt wrote:I am not too sure but in my opinion I think, the 2 year rule does not apply for FLR. If you have obtained IELTS even before 2 years of applying for FLR, it will still be taken as a valid proof.

Can anybody else comment.
Yes...2 years rule in IELTS doesnt apply for FLR.
(FLR[HSMP] Guidance Notes Annex D.10)

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:39 pm

willnotbackHSMP bro,

If take IELTS exam before appling for EC, still I have to retake the IELTS exam when I apply for FLR

Me confused Please help me out.

Regards

Waheed

willnotbackHSMP

Post by willnotbackHSMP » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:41 pm

The guideline just say they will accept more than 2 years old IELTS report in case of FLR(HSMP). They didnt say anything whether the exam has to be taken before EC or after EC.

You may better call or email the HO and take it's comment. And please let this forum be informed what you hear from HO.