ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitation documents for two years or less?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mkh

Cohabitation documents for two years or less?

Post by mkh » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:25 am

Hi,
I will be applying for ILR with spouse in July 2015. We recently extended Tier 2 visa + dependent visa on July 2014. Is this correct to assume that we need to show Cohabitation documents since our last grant of leave i.e. from July 2014 to July 2015 only? Which is about a year ?
Could any expert comment on this please ?

cfdman

Re: Cohabitation documents for two years or less?

Post by cfdman » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:40 am

This is rather misleading.

To be on safer side, I would advise you to submit cohabitation documents for 2 years, counting back from your date of application.

mkh

Post by mkh » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:17 am

cfdman wrote:This is rather misleading.

To be on safer side, I would advise you to submit cohabitation documents for 2 years, counting back from your date of application.
The SET (O) form Section 11 says this "If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse."
Though I will be preparing for to years documents as you advised but Isn't this clear here that we need only a years documents in our situation ?

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:43 am

Well, the requirement for dependents (whose first dependent visa appication was made before 9 July 2012) was to cohabite with main applicants for atleast 2 years before they qualify for settlement (with or after the main applicant settlement application).
So, my interpretation is to "Provide 2 years of cohabitation proof".

mkh

Post by mkh » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:19 pm

cfdman wrote:Well, the requirement for dependents (whose first dependent visa appication was made before 9 July 2012) was to cohabite with main applicants for atleast 2 years before they qualify for settlement (with or after the main applicant settlement application).
So, my interpretation is to "Provide 2 years of cohabitation proof".
Many thanks cfdman

bowcreek

Post by bowcreek » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:45 am

So how long did you give Cohabitation evidences for please? Cheers