ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

'Certified copies' question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yorica
Newly Registered

'Certified copies' question

Post by yorica » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:55 pm

Good afternoon

I will be visiting a solicitor soon to get my copies of my passport and bank statements signed.

As the solicitor charges £5 per signature will I have to get all the pages of the passport and the bank statements signed?

With the passport it will probably be only the photo page that needs to be signed but I imagine all copies of 6 month's worth of bank statements will have to be signed which will probably bring me up to around £40.

BTW this is all for a fiance visa application to be sent to Tokyo.

Any thoughts

Kind regards

Christophe
Diamond Member

Re: 'Certified copies' question

Post by Christophe » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:04 pm

Really, all pages of the passport need to be certified and signed, including the blank ones. (Reason? It would otherwise be possible not to submit true copies of any pages that had stamps or visas or observations on them that you did not want the authorities to see.)

Charges for this vary immensely from solicitor to solicitor. Some will charge a fee for every single page; some will charge an overall fee for the whole set of pages that is substantially less than a per-page fee would be, even though they have to sign every page. Some will even charge a lower fee if you do the photopying yourself and take the photocopies in (together with the original, of course).

It can be worth "shopping around", although as with all these sorts of things, ultimately you have to weigh up any savings in costs against the time lost in doing the "shopping".