ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RELATIONSHIP BREAKDOWN

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hopeful2003
Newly Registered

RELATIONSHIP BREAKDOWN

Post by hopeful2003 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:03 am

I from africa and I came to the UK on a student visa in 2004. I became an overstayer from 2011. I began a relationship with a lady from my country in 2012 and we married by proxy in Africa (customary marriage) and also had a wedding ceremony UK in 2012. In 2013 my wife had settlement ( Indefinite Leave to Remain). In 2014 our son was born and has a British Passport. In t 2014 my wife was naturalised and I also got 30 months in 2014 on FLR FP 10 year partner route. We have been living together since 2013 and now I want to more out because our relationship is on the verge of breakdown. Please advise me as to what I need to do to make sure I stay legal in the UK. Thanks

lomik
Newly Registered

Re: RELATIONSHIP BREAKDOWN

Post by lomik » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:51 am

hopeful2003 wrote:I from africa and I came to the UK on a student visa in 2004. I became an overstayer from 2011. I began a relationship with a lady from my country in 2012 and we married by proxy in Africa (customary marriage) and also had a wedding ceremony UK in 2012. In 2013 my wife had settlement ( Indefinite Leave to Remain). In 2014 our son was born and has a British Passport. In t 2014 my wife was naturalised and I also got 30 months in 2014 on FLR FP 10 year partner route. We have been living together since 2013 and now I want to more out because our relationship is on the verge of breakdown. Please advise me as to what I need to do to make sure I stay legal in the UK. Thanks

my advice is to try to stay with your wife .that is going to facilitate the renew of your visa.if you move, it going to be difficult for you , because you will be only able to apply as parent route. you will need to get court order as your wife will surely try to make things harder for you to renew your visa and you will be paying a lot for the child maintenance think and think again

hopeful2003
Newly Registered

Post by hopeful2003 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:58 pm

Thank you very much Lomik for your advice; I really appreciate it. I will difinitely give it a thought. I also need a detailed information on the parent route. Will my visa immediately become invalid if I move out without being divorced. How easy or expensive is it to get a Contact Order? Is it only a Contact Order from the courts that the Home Office will accept for the Parent Route or can we both agree a written contact agreement and the Home Office accepts it? Do I need my partner's documents to apply for the Parent Route? Thanks

lomik
Newly Registered

Post by lomik » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:11 am

hopeful2003 wrote:Thank you very much Lomik for your advice; I really appreciate it. I will difinitely give it a thought. I also need a detailed information on the parent route. Will my visa immediately become invalid if I move out without being divorced. How easy or expensive is it to get a Contact Order? Is it only a Contact Order from the courts that the Home Office will accept for the Parent Route or can we both agree a written contact agreement and the Home Office accepts it? Do I need my partner's documents to apply for the Parent Route? Thanks

your visa will still be valid even you move without been divorced . but you have to informe the home office that your relationship has broken down in order to make things easier to renew your visa. if you agree with your wife to move then your can sign together a parental responsibility agreement . but if she try to stop you seeing your child then you have to try court order which is not big deal to get . but be very carefull . to apply as parent you will need to soumit a child passport , a child birth certificate , evidence of acces right to child or contact order or a letter wrote by your child's mother to testify that your playing important role in the child upbringing. try to read application form flr(fp) to see the requirements applying as parent