ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requirements for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Panete
Newly Registered

Requirements for naturalisation

Post by Panete » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:28 pm

Hi there,

My wife and me are considering applying for naturalisation.

We have lived in the UK for over 15 years (in her case longer than that), we are both EU nationals and have worked in the country for many years and also studied here. Theoretically we meet all the criteria.

Last year my wife was made redundant and she is not back to work yet. In my case I will be made redundant at the end of March.

I have some questions related to our situation:

- If applying for it in March, technically I will be still working, will I need to inform the home office once I am made redundant or do I need to let them know as part of the application process?
- Will our work situation be a problem? I mean, none of us having permanent work despite not using benefits (excluding NHS) as we have some investments, savings and property so we can afford not to work for a while. We are considering travelling for a bit before setting up a business or moving into a new job.

We can easily find a job, however we would like to enjoy some time off as both of us won't be working at the same time without risking the naturalisation process.

Thanks for your help.

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Requirements for naturalisation

Post by milan69 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:09 am

I am sometimes wrong.