ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of job but within same SOC 2000 but diff SOC 2010 cod

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bholo

Change of job but within same SOC 2000 but diff SOC 2010 cod

Post by bholo » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:45 pm

All,

I was working as an Application Support programmer and got tier 2 in october 2012 and my SOC code was 2132(Software professionals)
based on SOC 2000 codes.

I am now considering another role of Security analyst which comes uner SOC 2139(Information technology professionals not classified else where) but based on new SOC Code.

If i see conversation table soc 2132(old soc code) is now mapped to

- SOC 2135(IT ANALYST AND ARCHITECT)
-SOC 2136(DEVELOPERS - if i was doing my old job this would be my code)
-SOC 2139(IT PROFESSIONALS NOT CLASSIFIED SOME WHERE ELSE)

if i see home office guidance it says like this

1: You must also make a change of employment application if you are remaining with the same employer but:
 there is a change to your core duties which means you change jobs and the new job is in a different Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) code to the one stated on your CoS. (This does not apply if the SOC Code for your new job has only changed because of the reclassification from SOC 2000 to SOC 2010.); or

2: A change of employment application is not required for other changes to your job. For example if:
 you are remaining with the same employer and change jobs to a different job within the same SOC code,

Can someone please help because i think i dont need a change of employment application?

I am due for extension this year, if i dont need a change of employment then m i ok to apply for extension and just putting 2139 on COS and putting new job title in the visa applicaiton.

Is it ok? Your response will be appreciated

bhuvraj
Newly Registered
India

Re: Change of job but within same SOC 2000 but diff SOC 2010

Post by bhuvraj » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:41 pm

Hi Bholo,

I am in a similar situation as you and I am applying for my extension in Mid March.

As per the Tier 2 policy guidelines you need not inform Home office for change in employment as it is within same SOC code or change jobs to a different job within the same SOC code.

Please can you let me know how did it go with your extension application and weather the new reclassification code 2139 was accepted by the home office.

Regards
Bhuv

noajthan

Re: Change of job but within same SOC 2000 but diff SOC 2010

Post by noajthan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:46 pm

It is against Board T&Cs to open multiple threads.

Continue in your existing thread:
uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/am-i ... 03944.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.