ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone scared they will be refused?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pneeds
Newly Registered

Anyone scared they will be refused?

Post by pneeds » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:31 am

I'm trying to not draw any 'bad vibe' to my case but I'm so nervous I feel sick. I will applying in a couple days and I keep reading the refusal posts to see if anything applies to me. :?

A few points about me.

I came here as a child almost 15 years ago and have had my ILR for almost 14 years.

I've left the country twice. Last time was in 2010 never exceeding 35 days and I was present exactly 5 years when my application will be seen.

I don't have a criminal record.

I was caught doing 32 in 30 zone :roll: and was given the option of fine and points or do an AA speed awareness course. I did the course so I have no points.

I've had a CCJ (haven't declared it on the form as it is not on my credit report and was about 9 years ago) Do I need to declare it? This CCJ was issued when I moved and the company didn't have my updated address. I found out about it when I checked my credit report after refused credit.

I have a British child and I'm a company director (company has £5000 start up debt).

What do you guys think of my circumstances above?

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Anyone scared they will be refused?

Post by milan69 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:34 am

I think you will be perfectly fine.
Q17 - I have a CCJ will this cause a refusal?

A CCJ is not a ground on its own to refuse the application. However, the fact that you have a CCJ may be evidence that you are deliberately and recklessly building up debts with no intention of paying them back which, is a grounds for refusal. Therefore, if you have a CCJ you should include evidence that you are making repayments or that the CCJ has been paid/settled.
I am sometimes wrong.

pneeds
Newly Registered

Post by pneeds » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:35 pm

Thank you.

Even though the CCJ is no longer on file do I still need to declare it?

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:59 pm

I think you do.
An Guide:
3.8 – 3.9 You must give details of all civil judgments which have resulted in a court
order being made against you
I am sometimes wrong.

pneeds
Newly Registered

Post by pneeds » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:05 pm

I forgot to add my other concern lol

My name on Life in the uk test certificate excludes my middle name but my passport which was used as id and will be used in my application shows my middle name.

Do you think this will this be an issue?

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:07 pm

I don't think it will be an issue. As far as I remember you give your passport number when registering for the test.
I am sometimes wrong.