ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR eligibility for myself and wife

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AJT
Newly Registered

ILR eligibility for myself and wife

Post by AJT » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:20 pm

Hello

I would be most grateful if someone could help me out with few queries I had regarding our ILR.

1. My Tier 2 general visa was issued 17th May 2010 and entered UK on 26th May 2010. Am I right in assuming that I am eligible to apply for ILR 4 years and 11 months from the date of visa issue or is it from the date i entered the UK ?

2. My wife's visa was issued on 18th Feb 2013 and she entered the UK on 12th March 2013 as a Tier 2 dependant till present. In the eligibility for partners to get ILR it states she has to live with me for 5 years if she applied for the visa on or after 9th July 2012.
If this is the case what visa will she get after i switch to ILR ?
Which application form should I use for her ?
Can i apply at the same time ?
Can i put her as a dependant on the Set(O) form ?
Will she have to give life in the UK test as well ?

3. I read on another thread from few years ago someone suggesting to book two separate appointments the same day - one for my ILR and another one 2 hours later for my wife under FLR ? Is this the case still ?

Many thanks for clarifying
Sincerely
AJT

naresh25
Newly Registered

Re: ILR eligibility for myself and wife

Post by naresh25 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:45 pm

Hi,

You should start from the day you entered into UK for the eligibility of ILR, not from the date it was stamped.

Yes, she has to wait for 5 years for getting ILR for herself, In the mean time she can apply as ILR dependant once you are eligible for it.

Thanks

AJT
Newly Registered

Post by AJT » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:10 am

Hi

Thank you for a quick reply. So can I just add her as a dependant on the Set(O) form same time I apply for ILR? Or is this don't using another form? Thanks again

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:05 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AJT
Newly Registered

Post by AJT » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:00 pm

Hi Vinny

So going by the link you suggested. I am assuming she can either apply for FLR(M) or stay on the PBS dependant visa.
Can she stay on Tier 2 dependant visa after ive switched to ILR ? or does she need to apply FLR(M)
My tier 2 and her Tier 2 dependant visas are valid until 2018.
If she moves to FLR does that reset her 5 year clock. Thanks for clarifying.

AJT