ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependant-spouse ILR query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

roggiewaters
Newly Registered

dependant-spouse ILR query

Post by roggiewaters » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:11 am

In August this year i will be applying for ILR based on continuous 10 year long-residence.

My 10 years is a combination of Student visa Sept 2005 + Post-study work Oct 2006 + Work permit Sept 2008 + Discretionary leave to remain since March 2012 (non-asylum case)

The question is about my wife's application who has been who has been in the UK since March 2009 first as dependent of work permit holder for her first 3 years and then on Discretionary leave to remain for next 4 years

Can she apply for ILR as the same time as me or does she have to complete 6 years of Discretionary Leave to Remain (3+3) before she can apply for ILR

Thanks in advance for any help and comments