ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NEW PASSPORT APPLICATION FATHER NATIONALITY

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

masterofpuppets

NEW PASSPORT APPLICATION FATHER NATIONALITY

Post by masterofpuppets » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:27 pm

hi all

i finally got my approval last week and gonna have the ceremony in the next week then am planning to apply for the passport however i have one question if any of you had this confusion before.

i need to give information about parents again in passport application and this time they ask again father nationality at the time of my birth .i put my fathers nationality as german in my naturalisation however he was turkish national at the time of my birth. and i m confused what to say in the passport application now. i am sure they will check and match the information given in the citizenship application against passport application.

does any of you know what i should be writing there this time.

thanks

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Re: NEW PASSPORT APPLICATION FATHER NATIONALITY

Post by akhurshid » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:04 pm

Use the correct information. If you use German again then that will be considered as deception. If you are asked about it, you can explain the mistake.
It shouldn't really cause an issue as your father's nationality can't change HO's decision as long he is not British.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:42 pm

You can provide extra information in Section 8 of the form if necessary.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

masterofpuppets

Post by masterofpuppets » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:00 pm

akhurshid wrote:Use the correct information. If you use German again then that will be considered as deception. If you are asked about it, you can explain the mistake.
It shouldn't really cause an issue as your father's nationality can't change HO's decision as long he is not British.
So,u think I should use his nationality at the my birth.

masterofpuppets

Post by masterofpuppets » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:01 pm

CR001 wrote:You can provide extra information in Section 8 of the form if necessary.
I am not sure if it's necessary . I hope someone will enlighten me here who had the same issue.

masterofpuppets

Post by masterofpuppets » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:33 am

No one can give me any advice.???

bubulinea
Newly Registered

Post by bubulinea » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:53 am

akhurshid wrote:Use the correct information. If you use German again then that will be considered as deception. If you are asked about it, you can explain the mistake.
You've already been given one. You have only two choices, either do it like akhurshid says and explain it in your interview, or do it as you did in your naturalisation application form.

masterofpuppets

Post by masterofpuppets » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:29 pm

Will either way be fine or to avoid them to be confused should i use one in the nat.form.

It will be fantastic if anyone had the same issue can make
An advice here :((

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:48 pm

Having dug out a copy of the passport form now, if it was me, I would do the following :

Section 4 - Parents Details
Turkish Citizen at time of your birth and list the town and country of birth.

Section 8 - More Information
State German citizen and explain how he obtain this and the date he became German.

When you applied for Naturlisation, you could have said for question 1.25 that your father was dual German/Turkish.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

masterofpuppets

Post by masterofpuppets » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:02 pm

CR001 wrote:Having dug out a copy of the passport form now, if it was me, I would do the following :

Section 4 - Parents Details
Turkish Citizen at time of your birth and list the town and country of birth.

Section 8 - More Information
State German citizen and explain how he obtain this and the date he became German.

When you applied for Naturlisation, you could have said for question 1.25 that your father was dual German/Turkish.
Thanks for advice. He was turkish but not now so i only put him german cit. On the natur. Form and i didnt know u need to declare the citizenship u have but not apply with.

I guess the more appropiate is to say the citizenship he had at that time and if they ask why the diffrence is i can aexplain at the interview.
Please correct me if im not thinking right.

Best

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:50 pm

For the purpose of naturalised citizens and the parents details, it is used to confirm you who you are at the interview. You will be given and opportunity to explain if they ask, which is why I would put a single sentence in Section 8 re German Nationality, but that is what I would do.

I cannot see this being a big issue, people take on different nationalities all the time and lose birth nationality if the country does not allow dual citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

masterofpuppets

Post by masterofpuppets » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:45 pm

CR001 wrote:For the purpose of naturalised citizens and the parents details, it is used to confirm you who you are at the interview. You will be given and opportunity to explain if they ask, which is why I would put a single sentence in Section 8 re German Nationality, but that is what I would do.

I cannot see this being a big issue, people take on different nationalities all the time and lose birth nationality if the country does not allow dual citizenship.
it should not be a big issue as you say i think i am a bit worried unecesserely however even our kids will be in the same situation in the future so i hope it should be ok.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:05 pm

On my daughters passport application I wrote my nationality at the time of her birth, but the next line asks about parents British passport number and I wrote my British passport number in the space provided.

She was not asked any questions about my two nationalities.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

masterofpuppets

Post by masterofpuppets » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:32 am

CR001 wrote:On my daughters passport application I wrote my nationality at the time of her birth, but the next line asks about parents British passport number and I wrote my British passport number in the space provided.

She was not asked any questions about my two nationalities.
So no needto worry then.i can give the correct info.
Thanks