ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Going abroad on Tier 2 before receiving start date

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hazelsanz
Newly Registered

Going abroad on Tier 2 before receiving start date

Post by hazelsanz » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:00 pm

Hello,

I was previously on a Tier 2 (employer sponsored visa) and applied for a new Tier 2 visa when I accepted a new job with another employer. My application was approved on the 14th of February and I have received my new BRP.

I finished working for my old employer and now waiting for my start date for for my new job as we are waiting for the security clearance to come through (the new job needs a Govt security clearance). I was just wondering if I could go abroad on my valid new permit for a couple of weeks (while waiting for the clearance to come through) even if I don't have a start date with the new employer? Basically will i have a problem entering back into the UK if I still don't have a security clearance and thus no start date. Or should I just wait in UK till I get a start date.

Thanks