ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some advice please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lynntaylor4444
Newly Registered

Some advice please

Post by lynntaylor4444 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:40 pm

Would appreciate advice quickly on this, as my fiancé has an appointment this week!

Basically. I am applying for a Fiance visa. I have kept in contact with a relative who is my cousin via phone. We want to get married. Only problem is i can't go to see them - they're in Pakistan. This is because i've had some seizures lately. I have a letter from my doctor who recommends i don't travel that i am including. I have included call history or Lycamobile also in our application. So we haven't met. That is our only issue. We can't meet because i have been advised not to travel. We want to get married in the UK. I live in the UK and am a citizen.
A solicitor advised us to go through a visit visa route so we meet and then apply for a finance visa.
The solicitor i have chosen to represent us says that the visa may be granted on compassionate grounds as a finance visa. My fiancé is not keep on going back after 6 months which is why we've not applied as a visitor.

Finance
I receive Disabilty living allowance £54.50 a week - middle rate care only.
I also work part time £95.00 a week
I also study part time and am in receipt of PGCE bursary £4,000 - £2k in 10 payments this year (£200) and the same the year after- have letter from university and bank statement for this.
As i get DLA i been told i only need to satisfy adequate maintenance - £115 a week!? Some people say the DLA can't be considered in the maintenance - confused.
I also have £2,600.00 savings.

My employer pays cash in hand. He refuses to pay in my account despite asking him to. I have all the pay slips. I put the money in every week in my bank account same day i get it then withdraw what i need in lump sums of like £200 as i find it difficult to keep going to the bank etc. I have a letter confirming my employment. Is cash in hand a problem if i have a letter and slips? I don't pay tax as i earn under the threshold. One error is that in December i didn't deposit the money as i used it instead in the last two weeks then on gifts etc. But however, i did work those two weeks but not put in bank.Does this sound OK.

My solicitor and i agreed that my monthly spend is £50.00 a month. I spend at supermarkets, only purchases etc but utility bills etc are all handled by my father. I pay no rent nor will we be expected to after. We have a letter of accommodation signed. Also a House inspection report. Enclosed title deeds too - owned by parents.
However, on my bank statement i make withdrawals that can be a lot more than that. I have for many years tended to withdraw money from my current account and once i have enough i put it in savings. I am concerned about this. My average spend is around about that much but i made some one off purchases this year like a laptop for £400 so my account statement which i had to show a years worth of has several large withdrawals and transfer to my other account. I don't pay for any utilities, rent, anything...! but i do buy things especially this recent year as i have been renovating but they aren't my living expenses...!- confused. Does this seem OK?

My solicitor says i am overworrying am i right to have so many concerns?
Would appreciate some advise from those of you who have experience about this,. :x
Thank you.

lynntaylor4444
Newly Registered

Re: Some advice please

Post by lynntaylor4444 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:58 am

Anyone? Would appreciate it.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:32 am

As you can only apply for a fiance visa if you've met in person and you aren't able to travel, then the only option would be to apply for a visitor visa. That's assuming she doesn't qualify for a student or work visa. However, in order for a visitor visa to be successful, your solicitor should have advised you that your fiancee will have to prove that there are strong reasons for her to return to her home country, without overstaying. For example, property ownership, permanent employment, study or dependent family. As her intention is to eventually settle here with you, that may be difficult. If applying for a visitor visa, don't be tempted to withhold the fact that you are in a relationship. If you do, you'll have a problem proving a genuine relationship when you apply later for a fiance visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

lynntaylor4444
Newly Registered

Post by lynntaylor4444 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:11 pm

Thank you.

My solicitor believes that the visa can be granted on compassionate grounds as i can't travel so they will let go the fact that we haven't met so we can marry here instead due to my doctors letter recommending i don't travel. But i am told, that the meeting requirement is strict.. :cry:

In regards to a visitor visa - she doesn't work, she doesn't have a bank account as she never really needed one, no property ownership either - she lives with her family parents etc. The only things you could show is a dependent family but they are 'dependent' on her if you know what i mean. This is why we've been put off the visitor visa.

Is it possible that even though we have applied for a fiance visa they can treat the application and award a marriage visitor visa instead.

I am in a difficult situation not being able to travel. Our relationship is genuine, we intend to marry. I know people from Pakistan who abuse the system with sham marriages to come over here, but thats not the case here. I come from a culture that you stay marriage for life. It's just a shame we can't meet and get this requirement checked off :cry: We speak on the phone, i've seen pictures..

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:15 pm

There's no crime in trying but I doubt they will grant that without meeting one of the requirements.