ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 Treaty Rights when EU Citizen is a Student

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coketero

EU1 Treaty Rights when EU Citizen is a Student

Post by coketero » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:14 am

I am trying to renew my EUFAM1 for another 5 years, my wife (EU Citizen) is not working at the moment and is having problems to find a job. We recently applied using EU1 Form as self-sufficient (We have health insurance and never claimed any welfare) but not a lot of money on her bank account. We are worried they could use that to reject the application. My wife is considering going back to college in September as that could probably increase her chances of getting a job in the future and help with the application, so my question is, if we already submitted the form and my wife enrolls herself in college or some college courses, can we send an update to INIS indicating them that now she is enrolled as a student even if she doesn't start until September and they would consider her as a student?. I guess our question is, how do we have more chances of being successful with our application as a student starting in September or in some course in the following months or as self sufficient with not a lot of money in the bank, health insurance and no welfare claim history in 5 years.

Thank You.