ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-2 ICT to Tier-2 General switch - primary/dependent visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sandeeprajput
Newly Registered

Tier-2 ICT to Tier-2 General switch - primary/dependent visa

Post by sandeeprajput » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:32 am

Hello Manci, Experts,

I have query regarding Tier2 ICT to Tier2 General primary/dependent visa, grateful if you can please clarify?

I am on Tier-2 ICT longterm staff visa (issued before 6th April, 2011) and my wife is currently in UK on dependent visa expiring on Feb 9, 2016. I have got offer from A rated sponsor and they are read to sponsor me.

1. Can primary and dependent switch to Tier 2 General with out going back to India?
2. Is it mandatory for dependents to apply along with primary applicant with new COS? Excerpt from UKBA site is below

Dependants applying in the UK on their own
Your dependants can apply to extend or switch their visas to stay with you if they’re already in the UK.
It’s best to send your dependants’ applications at the same time as yours but they can apply at a later date.

3. Company is not sponsoring dependent's visa, but if company provides letter stating that expenses will be managed by them, then do I still need to provide bank statements? Please clarify

4. During my tier-2 general application process, can my wife work for company here in UK on old/new dependent visa?

Thank you

Kind Regards,
Sandeep

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier-2 ICT to Tier-2 General switch - primary/dependent

Post by moonlight55 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:57 pm

sandeeprajput wrote:Hello Manci, Experts,

I have query regarding Tier2 ICT to Tier2 General primary/dependent visa, grateful if you can please clarify?

I am on Tier-2 ICT longterm staff visa (issued before 6th April, 2011) and my wife is currently in UK on dependent visa expiring on Feb 9, 2016. I have got offer from A rated sponsor and they are read to sponsor me.

1. Can primary and dependent switch to Tier 2 General with out going back to India?
Yes, you can apply to switch from within UK.

2. Is it mandatory for dependents to apply along with primary applicant with new COS? Excerpt from UKBA site is below
Not mandatory, but its recommended.

Dependants applying in the UK on their own
Your dependants can apply to extend or switch their visas to stay with you if they’re already in the UK.
It’s best to send your dependants’ applications at the same time as yours but they can apply at a later date.

3. Company is not sponsoring dependent's visa, but if company provides letter stating that expenses will be managed by them, then do I still need to provide bank statements? Please clarify
Is the sponsor company ticked the checkbox for providing maintenance for you in CoS? If Yes, its better to apply for dependent(s) along with you since you don't need to show separate maintenance proof (e.g. bank statements) for your dependent(s). If you are applying separately, then the letter or bank statements will be reqd.

4. During my tier-2 general application process, can my wife work for company here in UK on old/new dependent visa?
Yes, she cann

Thank you

Kind Regards,
Sandeep