ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pls help-naturalisation queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Neesheel
India

Pls help-naturalisation queries

Post by Neesheel » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:34 pm

hello,

I am going through naturalisation form and have few questions. It would be great if the experts or anyone who know can help.

1) 1.17 past five year addresses - does this include current address ?
2) 1.23 father has passed away, shall I write 'Late' before the name?
3) 2.1 first arrived on student visa 7 years back, shall I write the time I started working I.e 5 years back or the day I entered as a student?
4) 2.1 place of arrival - it's strange but I don't remember the airport and the stamp on my passport isn't very clear. What shall I write?
5) 2.2 date of departure is the date of landing in the country I was travelling to? What order should I write the dates, recent visit first and then going back wards?
6) 3.5 I have recently joined a new job and don't have p60 for PAYE number. Where can I find address of the tax office or tax office ref. number. It is not on the payslip.
7) what all documents will I need to submit for me and my partner apart from forms, photos, passports, lituk test, language certificate.

I will appreciate any help on these points. Thanks in advance.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Pls help-naturalisation queries

Post by fwd079 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:47 pm

Neesheel wrote: 1) 1.17 past five year addresses - does this include current address ?
Yes. Latest on top.
Neesheel wrote: 2) 1.23 father has passed away, shall I write 'Late' before the name?
No.
Neesheel wrote:3) 2.1 first arrived on student visa 7 years back, shall I write the time I started working I.e 5 years back or the day I entered as a student?
This is where personal view matters. I recommend writing the day you viewed yourself as coming here on long term (more than 6 months) basis and staying, some say its the date of your first work visa. Either should do, my friend wrote his student date and got approved within two weeks.
Neesheel wrote:4) 2.1 place of arrival - it's strange but I don't remember the airport and the stamp on my passport isn't very clear. What shall I write?
You really dont remember which airport you landed? :lol:
Anyway, do you remember the city? Its the name of city.
Neesheel wrote:5) 2.2 date of departure is the date of landing in the country I was travelling to? What order should I write the dates, recent visit first and then going back wards?
Yes.
Neesheel wrote:6) 3.5 I have recently joined a new job and don't have p60 for PAYE number. Where can I find address of the tax office or tax office ref. number. It is not on the payslip.
Ask the accountant.
Neesheel wrote:7) what all documents will I need to submit for me and my partner apart from forms, photos, passports, lituk test, language certificate.
Is partner applying on their own behalf or as your spouse?
Neesheel wrote:I will appreciate any help on these points. Thanks in advance.
Also, please go through this link where seniors have compiled nice information.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

fqvision

Post by fqvision » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:49 pm

1, yes all address include current.
2. no
3. first arrive date at student so need to write first time you entered.
4. you need to conform where u arrive. they check database so make sure its correct.
5. landing in this country.
6 ask you employer they will prove you.
7) depend what are the basis you applying for naturalization ??????

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:39 pm

Neesheel wrote:hello,

I am going through naturalisation form and have few questions. It would be great if the experts or anyone who know can help.

1) 1.17 past five year addresses - does this include current address ? - Yes, current first

2) 1.23 father has passed away, shall I write 'Late' before the name? -No

3) 2.1 first arrived on student visa 7 years back, shall I write the time I started working I.e 5 years back or the day I entered as a student? - I was in similar position and I was advised by NCS to use date when I entered in the UK as Student.

4) 2.1 place of arrival - it's strange but I don't remember the airport and the stamp on my passport isn't very clear. What shall I write? - London or Manchester or whatever city you landed in.

5) 2.2 date of departure is the date of landing in the country I was travelling to? What order should I write the dates, recent visit first and then going back wards? - Recent travel first. If you went to America on 1st of the month and arrived in states on 2nd - you would enter 1st as departure date and if you then left States to get back to the UK ON 4th and got back in London, you will count that as 3 days outside of the UK

6) 3.5 I have recently joined a new job and don't have p60 for PAYE number. Where can I find address of the tax office or tax office ref. number. It is not on the payslip. - Call HMRC they will give you the details you need.

7) what all documents will I need to submit for me and my partner apart from forms, photos, passports, lituk test, language certificate. - You need marriage certificate, rest is okay.

I will appreciate any help on these points. Thanks in advance.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:47 pm

- ILR is always an independent application and hence has no bearing of whether or not she is applying as spouse.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:01 pm

rakeysh.patel wrote:
- ILR is always an independent application and hence has no bearing of whether or not she is applying as spouse.
Is the questioner's list about ILR? No.

Can naturalisation process be affected if partner is applying with idea of spouse becoming BC and hence, getting Nationality on 3 years basis? Yes.

Hence my question.

Neesheel
India

Post by Neesheel » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:24 pm

ThAnk you all, really useful.

Only thing is 3.5 address of tax office or tax office reference number ...
Might be silly question but just to confirm is this reference number my personal detail or my employers?

Also will I need this for my partner. She was working few years back but not working now?

Appreciate your response. Thanks

my spouse will be applying on her own basis.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:29 pm

Neesheel wrote:Only thing is 3.5 address of tax office or tax office reference number ...
Might be silly question but just to confirm is this reference number my personal detail or my employers? Ask HR for it, they will have it or it appears on your P60. It is the employer tax reference number by the way, not yours.

Also will I need this for my partner. She was working few years back but not working now? If she is not working, then you don't need this number. Employment is not a requirement for citizenship and you can just put 'unemployed' for her.

Appreciate your response. Thanks

my spouse will be applying on her own basis. Does she have 5 years residence including 1 year ILR and meets all the requirements? If that is the case then she should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:06 pm

fwd079 wrote:
rakeysh.patel wrote:
Is the questioner's list about ILR? No.

Can naturalisation process be affected if partner is applying with idea of spouse becoming BC and hence, getting Nationality on 3 years basis? Yes.

Hence my question.
I meant Naturalisation and not ILR. I presumed that one's partner was already here for required time - apologies there!

Abi77
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Abi77 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:43 pm

Hi everyone,
I am new on this forum but I have read and read a lot of post but still can't get answer for my question, your help and reply will highly appreciate.
this is me so far-
visiting visa since 2004 in and out of UK
stayed finally in September 2008
married to eea national May 2009
divorce absolute in Jan 2014
ror in July 2014
PR applied Feb 2015 still waiting but 2 letters received within a week
My question is this, Can I apply for Nationalisation in May my 6th year married to eea nationa?
Or already due since September 2014?
Or I still need to wait for 1year after the issue of my PR?
Thank you in advance

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:49 pm

Abi77 wrote:
Spouse route to nationality is valid if and only if your spouse is a British national.

Anyway I wasn't from EU so dont know much but I dont think you have any other choice but to complete your five years exercising treaty rights and one year on PR then you can apply.
Last edited by fwd079 on Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abi77
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Abi77 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:42 pm

Thank you so much for your reply, I have already completed 5years last year May this is my 6th years in a May coming.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:31 pm

Cool. Good luck. :)

Neesheel
India

Post by Neesheel » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:04 pm

Thanks for previous replies.

1.1 UKBA/home office ref number: which is the ref number..? I assume this is not the biometric card number/unique number. The letter I got along with ILR does state their or my ref number but only the case ID. DO I use case Id? Also I have been on tier 2 before ILR and have their ref number on it..? Sorry if I made it sound complicated.. But I am confused!

Do I take all the previous expired passport which has been used since I came here and has expired but has some of travelling history of 5 years?

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:15 pm

Neesheel wrote:Thanks for previous replies.

1.1 UKBA/home office ref number: which is the ref number..? I assume this is not the biometric card number/unique number. The letter I got along with ILR does state their or my ref number but only the case ID. DO I use case Id? Also I have been on tier 2 before ILR and have their ref number on it..? Sorry if I made it sound complicated.. But I am confused!
Leave this blank.
Do I take all the previous expired passport which has been used since I came here and has expired but has some of travelling history of 5 years?
Take Passports that contain your 5 year travel history, irrespective of whether they have now expired/been cancelled.

Neesheel
India

Post by Neesheel » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:05 pm

Thanks