ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Cohabitation evidence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dcsean2001
Newly Registered

ILR Cohabitation evidence

Post by dcsean2001 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:03 pm

Hi There,

I am applying for ILR next month (tier 1 General 5 year route) and using Set O form, I was going through this form and several people have asked about cohabitation requirement, my problem is I don't have letter, bills, council tax in joint name, infect we live in a shared house and the bill and council tax are not even in our name. the only document my wife got are

-Marriage Certificate (from Pakistan)
-Tenancy agreement (have both our name as Mr and Mrs Faisal )
-bank statement ( 2 year) (under her name only not joint)
- child birth certificate (2 years 2 months old)
-some recent NHS letters
-Provisional license

Can someone please confirm if that will be enough, also i am unable to find where this information is coming that there should be "6 letters in joint names spread over 2 years or 6 letters to each (6 letters confirming your name address and 6 for your dependant)", i have read several topic mentioning similar requirement but unable to find this information under UKBA site, is there any information available on UKBA site about what documents are accepted for co-habitation as the only information I can find is within the form

"If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse."

There is a section "E1. Evidence of the relationship" under "Section 9B – Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrants" (page 54 of set O form)that mention list of documents require for evidence of relationship but that clearly is for people applying through Entrepreneur route.

Can someone please help.

Regards,
Faisal

shadow_dragon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Cohabitation evidence

Post by shadow_dragon » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:35 am

The best guidance is to look at form FLR(M), page 59 under the Relationship heading, gives good information for cohabitation documents.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11-14.pdf