ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US Green Card or UK HSMP ???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Amb_HSMP
Newly Registered

US Green Card or UK HSMP ???

Post by Amb_HSMP » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:19 am

Dear Seniors,

I have just applied HSMP and wanted to know more about UK jobs scenario.I am currently in US as SAP SD Consultant and earning $120K PA and saving an average of Rs.1.5 Lacs monthly.My company has also applied Green Card for me.

The scene is US like we don;t know when we will receive GC and till that time it's difficult to change job or do contracting.

Now I am seeing UK to have better opportunities.My friends having the same experiane level are earning GBP 65-70K PA or GBP 400-500 per day contracting.

My attraction towards UK is that we are not bound for employer and can work independently.Also can become British passport holder after 5-6 years which is possible in US roughly after 10 years.

Please guide me if my decision to move to UK is practical?? How much I can save living in the norths suburbs of London with family and two kids.

Can I get SAP job in UK thru telephonic interviews from US ??

Regards
Amb_hsmp

superlondonguy123
Newly Registered

Post by superlondonguy123 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:20 am

UK Employers perfers to interview in person.

Probably they will have initial talk through telephone for shortlisting the candidates. But the other rounds of interview will be in person.

manindergill

Post by manindergill » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:47 pm

Surpisingly, I want to move there and you want to come here.

1).Research in details your earnings aspects before coming here. Don't go by any consultant or agencies word. Be sure you will be able to earn £ 60-£ 65 range. Also research how many companies/opportunities are there to pay in that range. US has a big industry and lots and lots of technology and finance companies. UK is mostly finance. Technology companies not that high paying in UK. Entering in Finance for non-finance experienced professionals is a nightmare.

I got offer of USD 120K from California this year but H1B processing failed. In this country, I am unable to earn more than £ 40K.

2).History of HSMP. This is a highly unstable immigration process with retrospective changes applied to people coming under previous rules. I don't rule out another set of changes coming next year or by 2009. Can i gurantee a UK passport for me in next 5 years in these circumstances ?

+ve Aspects:-

Your wife will be able to work. Closer to your home country.

sham111

Post by sham111 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:24 pm

Dude,

No doubt you can earn £60 to £70 k but only after you have 4 to 5 years of UK level experience.

I would suggest you stick to your job in US.