ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Having both the Work Permit and HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

superlondonguy123
Newly Registered

Having both the Work Permit and HSMP

Post by superlondonguy123 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:12 am

I am currently working in UK for a employer "A" with a Work Permit which is valid till December 2008.
I planned to change my job, so decided to go for HSMP now.

If I get my initial HSMP during November 2007, then it will be valid till November 2009.
So from November 2007 onwards, I will have both Work Permit and the HSMP.
I will contine with my current employer "A", on the same time i will search for a good job to change.
If I am not getting a good job, then I will continue with my current employer "A".

My worries are:
(1) If I get my HSMP approved, what will happen to my Work Permit sponsored by the employer "A"? Will it be invalid?

(2) If I get my HSMP approved, will my employer come to know about the HSMP approval (Informed by Home Office?)

(3) I am getting allowance in UK from my current employer "A".
In case, if i am continuing with my employer "A" till the initial approval period of HSMP(November 2009),
then during the HSMP Extension, will I face any problems regarding the allowance for the past 12 months?(I feel I will not get enough points).
OR any other problems i will face during HSMP extension?

Thanks in advance.

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:44 am

Re (1): Correct me if I've misunderstood, but I did not think it possible to have LTR under WP and HSMP simultaneously. After obtaining initial approval for HSMP, you would have to apply (within six months) to change your leave to HSMP, at which point the WP would end and you would be on permit-free employment under HSMP.

superlondonguy123
Newly Registered

Post by superlondonguy123 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:09 pm

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the reply.
I assumed that i will apply for FLR after initial approval of HSMP.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:27 pm

I agree with this
gordon wrote:Re (1): Correct me if I've misunderstood, but I did not think it possible to have LTR under WP and HSMP simultaneously. After obtaining initial approval for HSMP, you would have to apply (within six months) to change your leave to HSMP, at which point the WP would end and you would be on permit-free employment under HSMP.
Pantaiema