ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for FLR(M) holder previously a PBS dependant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aztec1032

ILR for FLR(M) holder previously a PBS dependant

Post by aztec1032 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:07 pm

Dear Memebers/Moderators,

I'm requesting your kind expertise in relation to my spouse's application for settlement under SET(M):

My wife was initially granted entry clearance as a Tier 1(G) dependant in August 2011 and she joined me in the UK on the 1st of December 2011. Since then she has extended her leave as a PBS dependant until my ILR was approved based on 'Long Residency' in January 2014.

After my ILR(LR), I applied for FLR(M) for my wife during 3rd week of February 2014, which was approved for 2 years in April 2014. Now I understand that we are eligible to apply for SET(M) under Part 8 Paragraph 287(a)(i)(d) given she has been approved FLR(M) under paragraph 281 to 286 and has been PBS dependant dependant prior to 9th July 2012. Also she has already passed LIUK in March 2013 and doing an academic IELTS test in the last week of this month.

However I've noticed in the forum that many applicant's application with same merits were rejected by UKVI due to case worker's ignorance and even in some instances applicants were reissued with a new FLR(M) with 2.5 years visa(resetting the clock for settlement). Which I frankly believe is pretty disgraceful.

Now as I am planning to go ahead for my wife's Set(M) with a PEO appointment at Crydon during April 2015 using Paragraph 287(a)(i)(d) of Part 8 of Immigration rules could I please request some assistance from the respected members/moderators on the following:

1. Firstly does any of you foresee or is aware of any changes to this immigration rules which may impact my plan of applying in Late April 2015.

2. Would any of you have any direct communication confirming this is achievable from UKVI (emails etc) to enable me to provide this to case worker as an additional document on the day of appointment.

I would highly appreciate your assistance in relation to my query.

Regards

thasif

Re: ILR for FLR(M) holder previously a PBS dependant

Post by thasif » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:41 pm

aztec1032 wrote:Dear Memebers/Moderators,

I'm requesting your kind expertise in relation to my spouse's application for settlement under SET(M):

My wife was initially granted entry clearance as a Tier 1(G) dependant in August 2011 and she joined me in the UK on the 1st of December 2011. Since then she has extended her leave as a PBS dependant until my ILR was approved based on 'Long Residency' in January 2014.

After my ILR(LR), I applied for FLR(M) for my wife during 3rd week of February 2014, which was approved for 2 years in April 2014. Now I understand that we are eligible to apply for SET(M) under Part 8 Paragraph 287(a)(i)(d) given she has been approved FLR(M) under paragraph 281 to 286 and has been PBS dependant dependant prior to 9th July 2012. Also she has already passed LIUK in March 2013 and doing an academic IELTS test in the last week of this month.

However I've noticed in the forum that many applicant's application with same merits were rejected by UKVI due to case worker's ignorance and even in some instances applicants were reissued with a new FLR(M) with 2.5 years visa(resetting the clock for settlement). Which I frankly believe is pretty disgraceful.

Now as I am planning to go ahead for my wife's Set(M) with a PEO appointment at Crydon during April 2015 using Paragraph 287(a)(i)(d) of Part 8 of Immigration rules could I please request some assistance from the respected members/moderators on the following:

1. Firstly does any of you foresee or is aware of any changes to this immigration rules which may impact my plan of applying in Late April 2015.

2. Would any of you have any direct communication confirming this is achievable from UKVI (emails etc) to enable me to provide this to case worker as an additional document on the day of appointment.

Regards
hi i am on the same boat if you get the set (m) please let me know ,this is my phone no
text me 07809139962

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:42 pm

Hi
Yes you can apply ur wife straight away as if she got 2 year visa and she applied before 6 April 2014
I am one of those who were victim of untrained case worker and I have won against them and HO have issued ILR to my wife after long battle of 6 months reconsidered letter , pap , jr etc
So don't worry just go ahead just check all my post u will understand every thing
I would say always fight for ur right God help those who help themself
Good luck

thasif

Post by thasif » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:16 am

[quote="thasif"][quote="aztec1032"]Dear Memebers/Moderators,