ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ESOL Entry 3 After April 2015 for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier1o

ESOL Entry 3 After April 2015 for Naturalisation

Post by tier1o » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:22 pm

Dear All,

Esol entry 3 ofqual register(passed in Dec 2014 in UK with pearson) and will be used on 1st April 2015 for ILR at PEO,

My question,

can the same esol entry 3 certificate could be used for naturalisation in April 2016?

Thanks

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: ESOL Entry 3 After April 2015 for Naturalisation

Post by fwd079 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:09 pm

As far as I understand, ILR and Naturalisation have same English level requirements. Could be changed in April.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

tier1o

Post by tier1o » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:05 pm

so in other words the same esol 3 certificate could be used for naturalisation? if rules are not explicitly changed?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:37 pm

As long as the ESOL is on the OFQUAL register and was taken in the UK, it will be fine to use according to the gov website:

Approved English language qualifications

You can prove your knowledge of English by having an English level B1, B2, C1 or C2 level qualification that’s one of the following:

an ESOL qualification at Entry 3 or higher (eg Level 1 or 2) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
an ESOL qualification at Scottish Qualifications Framework levels 4, 5 or 6 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and taken in Scotland
on the Home Office’s list of recognised English tests and qualifications

Some qualifications on the Home Office’s list will expire after 2 years. Your qualification will still be accepted as proof if you’re applying for citizenship, even if it has expired.
Furthermore, if you view the naturalisation application, where it states how you meet the KOLL requirement, there is a tick box option that states if was demonstrated for ILR after 28 October 2013, so no need to take another test again.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided