ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time to enter UK after EC Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ranchers
Mood:
United Kingdom

Time to enter UK after EC Visa

Post by ranchers » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:35 am

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me about the consequences if I go to UK after 4 months of my EC.

I got my visa on 8 Aug and I am planning to go there in December so what would be the consequences OR when should anyone go to UK after EC.

I will be really thankful if anyone can give me the reply or mention any good links for the information

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:05 pm

There does not appear to be any regulation that requires that you arrive within a specified period of time, but you should just know that if you arrive in the UK four months after the effective date of entry clearance, with an eye to ILR five years following your arrival, you will have to apply (and qualify) for FLR(HSMP) not once but twice, in Aug 2009 as well as in Aug 2012 (assuming, of course, that the process via HSMP toward settlement remains the same). AG

ranchers
Mood:
United Kingdom

gordon

Post by ranchers » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:21 pm

Thank u very much.. but plzz let me know about the procedure of FLR..like how much time period i have to show HO again ????

Is there any requirement like I have to show my presence in Uk for 2 yrs ???????? or what ???

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:28 pm

The requirements for FLR are as you see them in the guidance notes: earnings, qualifications, etc. There is nothing that requires your presence in the UK for the whole of those two years, but your case should demonstrate that you have made the UK your main home from your arrival.

ranchers
Mood:
United Kingdom

gordon

Post by ranchers » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:34 pm

One of my friend has told me that their are some rules like

we can spend only 180 days outside teh UK and
if i come late in UK then i have to apply for extension twice otherwise I may get a 4 yrs extension on first application

Thats why I am confused and i m seeking for teh rules which may not reflect my extensions in future.

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:43 pm

You should make sure not to conflate the requirements for ILR with those for FLR (HSMP). To qualify for settlement while on HSMP, you will have to have been resident in the UK for five years from your arrival. Your EC was initially for two years, covering you from now till Aug 2009; you will then have to apply for FLR (HSMP) for another three years till Aug 2012, and then re-apply for FLR (HSMP) in July/Aug 2012 to cover you for the months until you would qualify for ILR in Dec 2012. I seem to think that they are not issuing 4-year FLRs. There does not appear to be any way around applying for FLR twice if you otherwise delay your arrival by four months after the effective date of your entry clearance. AG

ranchers
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ranchers » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:28 pm

Thnx Gordon,

But I want to ask one more question.At the time of submission of my application i wrote that i will go to UK in september 2007.Now I am not going so what should i do ??? is it necessary to coordinate with the local embassy or no need ??

whether they can raise a question about my comitment ?

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:38 pm

There's no need to coordinate with the embassy/high commission/consulate. The only time your 'commitment' would be questioned might be if you apply for LTR with excessive absences from the UK after your initial arrival on the HSMP entry clearance/visa. Leaving later than planned will not be considered grounds to rescind the entry clearance or refuse entry, as far as I can tell. AG

ranchers
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ranchers » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:07 am

thank you for your support Gordon...

From the above discussion I got to know that its better to go early so that only one FLR will be required otherwise to cover the shortage of months we have to apply for 2 FLR then ILR..
I hope i m right this time :D :lol:

hsmp07

Post by hsmp07 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:49 pm

gordon wrote:You should make sure not to conflate the requirements for ILR with those for FLR (HSMP). To qualify for settlement while on HSMP, you will have to have been resident in the UK for five years from your arrival. Your EC was initially for two years, covering you from now till Aug 2009; you will then have to apply for FLR (HSMP) for another three years till Aug 2012, and then re-apply for FLR (HSMP) in July/Aug 2012 to cover you for the months until you would qualify for ILR in Dec 2012. I seem to think that they are not issuing 4-year FLRs. There does not appear to be any way around applying for FLR twice if you otherwise delay your arrival by four months after the effective date of your entry clearance. AG
I have got my EC starting from 22nd August 2007, I had requested BDHC to issue it from October but they ignored the request. Now my question is that if I do go in mid October then I would obviously have to apply for FLR again to make up for approx two months...so for the second FLR, do I again need to fulfill the points criteria, that is the age, qualification etc...because for the second FLR I will not be able to claim points for age again.....kindly clarify.

gordon

Post by gordon » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:11 pm

Assuming that the process remains the same, then in August 2012 you will have to apply for further limited leave, once again meeting the points criteria. At that point, it appears that you will have to meet the points threshold without the age points, if you no longer qualify for them then. AG

hsmp07

Post by hsmp07 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:27 am

gordon wrote:Assuming that the process remains the same, then in August 2012 you will have to apply for further limited leave, once again meeting the points criteria. At that point, it appears that you will have to meet the points threshold without the age points, if you no longer qualify for them then. AG
Thanks for your reply, so that means I should not wait for that long. I am planning to leave by 22nd Sept then...a month late than my EC date...do you think for this I'll have to apply for FLR twice also??