ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from Bank

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bombaytoUK
Newly Registered

Letter from Bank

Post by bombaytoUK » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:48 pm

i have bank statements showing the name of the employer every credit but only last month salary that am claiming shows as "July Salary". hence i requested HDFC bank to give me a letter which shows the source of income in my account. They refused to do so and instead told me to get the letter and they will verify and attest it. Thats it.

So now what i got printed is the matter which i needed wchih gives crisp info about my employer crediting salary every month. but thats just on a plain paper. got bank seal and a authorised signatory's sign (Striking off the printed "Bank Manager") and contact info written with ball pen for verification... will this do? it looks pretty lame though.

Do i really need to send this letter? or will just the bank statement do??leaving "July Salary" to be considered as my employer.

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Post by seanjoe » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:24 pm

So let me get this, you have your employer letter stating the salary earned and the bank has put their stamp on this to verify it??

I would suggest that all company letters are letter headed and stamped. I still think it would be better for the bank to provide a letter to say what the source of funds were. I am quite surprised that they do not do this.

Personally, I would persist with the bank for that letter. Failing which, I would request a more formal letter from your employer stating that so much amount was paid into your account as "July salary". This letter along with your bank statement should be sufficient. HOwever, make sure all paper is stamped and signed.

Good luck
sean