ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost Worker Registration Certificate and BC application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

daramed
Newly Registered

Lost Worker Registration Certificate and BC application

Post by daramed » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:39 pm

10 years ago I started working for a company which I stayed with for 7 continuous years. Since I'm from the A8 group the company applied on my behalf for the WRS which I received soon (within months) after the work had began. Long story short I don't have this piece of paper any more. I lost it. All I have is 7 scanned p60s to prove that I worked there. Should be 8 altogether but I lost the one from 2007 too. My question is, what do I do in such situation? How do I prove my Permanent Residence status?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Lost Worker Registration Certificate and BC application

Post by Amber » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:50 pm

1. Ask the old employer if they have a copy.
2. Ask the DWP if they have a copy.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

daramed
Newly Registered

Post by daramed » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:08 am

Amber wrote:1. Ask the old employer if they have a copy.
2. Ask the DWP if they have a copy.
My relationship with the employer broke down beyond any communication. We almost ended up in court. Even if they had a copy they would say that they don't.

I remember on the certificate it said 'Don't loose. Copies won't be issued.' I will give them a ring but I don't have hight hopes.

It's a very silly thing to expect me to keep such a thing after the scheme is scrapped. When submitting my application am I actually required to attach the WRS certificate? I don't see it listed in the required documents section.

martin54

Post by martin54 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:13 am

You have already qualified for PR automatically and you don't need to use the WRS as evidence. Your 7yrs P60 is enough for you to apply for BC or the easy way to proof you work in the UK for 8 yrs is to call for employment History from HMCR and that will be enough for you with other necessary documents to obtain your citizenship.

best of luck

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:27 am

Martin, an A8 national will need a WRS certificate to prove that they were exercising treaty rights when employed pre-2009/11), without one, they can refuse the application.

However, the case of ​TG v Secretary of State for Work and Pensions ([2015]UKUT 0050 (AAC) has shown that the last 2 years of WRS were prima facie unlawful. Therefore, if you've exercised treaty rights since 2009-2014 and have had one year with PR you may be ok without WRS.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

boloney

Post by boloney » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:18 am

You can get photocopy from Home Office, just sent them SAR requesting copy of the files they hold on you, copy of WRS should be in there. But it may not be enough for the AN application as it will be only photocopy which would't look like original document.
You can try and ask HO to check system and use this for you AN aplication but would they do it? They can see copies of all applications you have send to them. I have applied for SAR once and they have send me every single piece of paper that I send to them years back.

daramed
Newly Registered

Post by daramed » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:27 am

On the list of required document in the application accompanying booklet there is no mention of WRS certificate. Do I actually need to submit it in the first place?

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:18 pm

it is mentioned in the application/booklet . Refer to the booklet Page 10 and Q 2.6 on the form itself.
listen to Amber's advice and check with DWP.