ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 Years route changes.

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kuma99
Newly Registered

ILR 10 Years route changes.

Post by kuma99 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:50 am

A change is being made to expand the use of the “genuineness” tests in the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) route to applications for extensions and indefinite leave to remain, to better protect the route against abuse without disadvantaging genuine applicants. This change is similar to the “genuine entrepreneur” test introduced for initial applications in January 2013 (HC 943).

How this affect ILR 10 year route ? anyone ?

maberl2002

Re: ILR 10 Years route changes.

Post by maberl2002 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:10 am

what change are you talking about.......????....
“genuineness” tests in the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) is when an application to switch or to extend is being assessed by HO.
how would you possibly see an effect on 10years route based on the geniuneness test of entrepreneur

kuma99
Newly Registered

Post by kuma99 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:34 am

maberl2002 wrote:what change are you talking about.......????....
“genuineness” tests in the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) is when an application to switch or to extend is being assessed by HO.
how would you possibly see an effect on 10years route based on the geniuneness test of entrepreneur
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _Rules.pdf

I found in here, page 229. if you can explain me what they meant by this, I would be really helpful!

lilboots
Nigeria

Post by lilboots » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:48 am

• A change is being made to expand the use of the “genuineness” tests in the
Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) route to applications for extensions and indefinite leave
to remain, to better protect the route against abuse without disadvantaging
genuine applicants. This change is similar to the “genuine entrepreneur” test
introduced for initial applications in January 2013 (HC 943).

I am guessing the above refers to ILR applications at the end of the extension (i.e after 3+2 yrs) or folks who are applying for ILR a who are using the fast track method (Accelerated route). I maybe wrong though, but that is my opinion. Waiting for gurus to clarify. :( :( :(

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:29 pm

ILR based on long residence is a totally different category. It is based on the premise that you have lived a long time in UK and have made it your home. What does that have to do with the genuine entrepreneurship test ?

maberl2002

Post by maberl2002 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:14 pm

kuma99 wrote:

I found in here, page 229. if you can explain me what they meant by this, I would be really helpful!
yes i have seen this already. and again it is about when an entreprenure application is being considered.

if you got confused by the word ILR used somewhere

then let me tell you there are 3 types of entrepreneur applicants
one applying for the first time (switching within UK or from out side)
second applying for an extension after 3 years
third applying for ILR after 5 years.

and obviously all three have different requirements to fullfill so there is a geniuneness test to assess the applications.

you should look at this link for 10years eligibility
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf

kuma99
Newly Registered

Post by kuma99 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:19 pm

maberl2002 wrote:
kuma99 wrote:

yes i have seen this already. and again it is about when an entreprenure application is being considered.

if you got confused by the word ILR used somewhere

then let me tell you there are 3 types of entrepreneur applicants
one applying for the first time (switching within UK or from out side)
second applying for an extension after 3 years
third applying for ILR after 5 years.

and obviously all three have different requirements to fullfill so there is a geniuneness test to assess the applications.

you should look at this link for 10years eligibility
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf
I get confused all the time coz HO change things overnight, thanks for the explanation, it make sense now