ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 with Zero hours agreement

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Minhr

EEA2 with Zero hours agreement

Post by Minhr » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:54 am

Hi everyone,

Going to apply for EEA2. My wife just received job, but she has Zero Hours Agreement, as employer can not guarantee any number of working hours, everything depends on projects they have at present moment. Every week she checks her schedule with employer. In two weeks she will have her first pay slip which I'm going to add to my application and there will be at least about 18-22 working hours average per week in worst case, maximum it can be even more than 40 hours if new projects will appear and she will take them.
Does this kind of contract ok for my application?

Thank you in advance

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: EEA2 with Zero hours agreement

Post by chaoclive » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:16 pm

It should be fine if her payslips are showing that she is working stable hours, even though she is on a zero-hour contract. HMRC accept payslips when checking tax credit awards when they run checks on people who are on zero-hours contracts; I don't see why the home office wouldn't accept it.

Is it possible for her to get another more fixed/stable job? If not or if she is in a really special area there's not much you can do about it. Just go ahead and apply after she has some payslips.

Maggio
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 with Zero hours agreement

Post by Maggio » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:21 pm

Just to share news on zero hours
Got my BRC yesterday We’re married living together with 2 kids, applied with my FP expired, QF on zero hour contract average 18/week and self-employed (but marginal), FM unemployed.