ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statement - Minimum Balance XXXX GBP ????

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

edurveda
Newly Registered

Bank Statement - Minimum Balance XXXX GBP ????

Post by edurveda » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:46 pm

Hello All

I wanted to do a raincheck on how much minimum balance I can get away with for the HSMP FLR.

I am currently in the UK as a student. I have received a job offer. Can you advise on the bare minimum amount I must be able to show in order to get my FLR without a hitch.

Regards
Sagar

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Bank Statement - Minimum Balance XXXX GBP ????

Post by pantaiema » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:48 pm

no mimimum standard. But normaly £15K in bank ac will do

edurveda wrote:Hello All

I wanted to do a raincheck on how much minimum balance I can get away with for the HSMP FLR.

I am currently in the UK as a student. I have received a job offer. Can you advise on the bare minimum amount I must be able to show in order to get my FLR without a hitch.

Regards
Sagar
Pantaiema

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:23 pm

pantaiema wrote:no mimimum standard. But normaly £15K in bank ac will do

Regards
Sagar

Yeah 15K, any reason why that amount??

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:15 pm

I have seen people have this amount got approval. Probably becuase 15K if U r single is enough to maintain U until U get a job.

As I mention before it is not specified on the guidelines.
SYH wrote:
pantaiema wrote:no mimimum standard. But normaly £15K in bank ac will do

Regards
Sagar

Yeah 15K, any reason why that amount??
Pantaiema

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:41 pm

And do you use that amount as a rule of a thumb for extensions and ILR??

edurveda
Newly Registered

Post by edurveda » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:47 pm

Hi

Thanks for your reply, but 15K GBP sounds massive to me. I doubt if a highly skilled person working in the UK can save up that much in the first place over a period of 1 year. I am currently here on a student visa, and have just got my HSMP approved. I now need HSMP FLR to be stamped in my passport. 15K seems to be unrealistically large and honestly I just dont have that kind of money with me! Additionally, I already have a job offer, which I intend to take up as soon as my permit is stamped into my passport. In the circumstances, can someone please advise if you have had success with a more realistic figure?

On a separate note, will getting a relative or friend in the UK send me an email offering me a place to stay etc enable me to get my FLR with a lesser balance amount?

Thanks in advance for your time and suggestions.

Regards
Sagar

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:22 pm

It is a large amount, and there's no reason you should plan to acquire funds of that magnitude for FLR purposes. Single people coming from abroad have gotten entry clearance with 4k (with no job), and the caseworker notes suggest that the funds balance can be lower when a job offer is already in hand and/or costless accommodation has been arranged. The funds balance is only relevant insofar as you can demonstrate the lack of potential recourse to public funds; this is a fairly low bar, actually. AG

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:37 pm

edurveda

As I mention before there is not any guide on this. The fact that U hvae got a job offer is also important facto. The point here is that U need to show that U could surrvive in the UK without recurse of public fund, of course this is opne to interpretation.

edurveda wrote:Hi

Thanks for your reply, but 15K GBP sounds massive to me. I doubt if a highly skilled person working in the UK can save up that much in the first place over a period of 1 year. I am currently here on a student visa, and have just got my HSMP approved. I now need HSMP FLR to be stamped in my passport. 15K seems to be unrealistically large and honestly I just dont have that kind of money with me! Additionally, I already have a job offer, which I intend to take up as soon as my permit is stamped into my passport. In the circumstances, can someone please advise if you have had success with a more realistic figure?

On a separate note, will getting a relative or friend in the UK send me an email offering me a place to stay etc enable me to get my FLR with a lesser balance amount?

Thanks in advance for your time and suggestions.

Regards
Sagar
Pantaiema

roy_rajat

Post by roy_rajat » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:30 am

15K...whoaaaaa; i wonder whether i would have that when i apply for ILR!!!
I guess for FLR anything between 2-4K is sufficient!!!! when i applied for FLR as a work permit holder i had a bank balance of 1.5K (although i was in job)

A_Migrant
Newly Registered

Post by A_Migrant » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:28 pm

At the time of application I had in the range of 3 to 5K and 5 to 7K at the extension.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:03 pm

A_Migrant

As I mention before this is open to interpretation, any CW might have different interpretaion but what is for sure is that all evidence must show that U have abilty to maintain yourself without recourse to public 1fund.

For instance someone with permanent job in high street Bank could show less amount than the one who are on contract on local small company.
Why because it is commen sense to assume that this job is much more stable than contract job.
A_Migrant wrote:At the time of application I had in the range of 3 to 5K and 5 to 7K at the extension.
Pantaiema

venga_pal

Post by venga_pal » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:42 pm

I believe 15k is a big amount and ppl at HO do not expect that much.

I think as per the workpermit.com's HSMP assessment page, a £3k should do.
Expenses:
avg rent £300 + bills £150+ food £100+ travel/misc £200 = £750 (avg/month).

For twelve month period it would go to £9k.

My assessment based on these two points is that they assess to see if the candidate has enough monies to accomodate for 1/3 of a year.

Cheers,
venga_pal