ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI general queries

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gbhsmp
United Kingdom

OCI general queries

Post by gbhsmp » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:05 am

2 queries on OCI

1. I live in a rented appartment and if I am going back to INDIA (for good) my OCI booklet will still reflect the old address where I lived which has nothing to do with the current state.
Will anyone in INDIA anytime have a necessity to contact me at the UK address ? Because this is not possible anymore since I would not be in that address anymore.

2. OCI uptill now is given as 2 parts. One is the U visa sticker and the other is the booklet. It "was" said that I cannot just travel with booklet and U visa is needed. The rule is changed now to say that booklet is sufficient to enter INDIA. Nowhere the rule says the other scenario. Can I enter INDIA without the OCI booklet but only with my British passport and U visa in it ?

z18runway

Re: OCI general queries

Post by z18runway » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:50 pm

1. I live in a rented appartment and if I am going back to INDIA (for good) my OCI booklet will still reflect the old address where I lived which has nothing to do with the current state.
Will anyone in INDIA anytime have a necessity to contact me at the UK address ? Because this is not possible anymore since I would not be in that address anymore.
I dont think they will contact you at your UK address even if you have planned going for good.
look at this addresses in this website which may help you

http://mha1.nic.in/pdfs/oci-adrs.pdf
2. OCI uptill now is given as 2 parts. One is the U visa sticker and the other is the booklet. It "was" said that I cannot just travel with booklet and U visa is needed. The rule is changed now to say that booklet is sufficient to enter INDIA. Nowhere the rule says the other scenario. Can I enter INDIA without the OCI booklet but only with my British passport and U visa in it ?
according to my understanding, 'U' visa sticker is no longer required and just the OCI booklet is sufficient. foreign office(bureau of immigration india) has passed circular for all airport immigration officers at counter that not to force OCI holders for U visa. So you have to carry the oci booklet and obviously without british passport you cannot pass the india immigration check and that passport has U visa sticker.

Boss you are travelling to ''INDIA'', so you know how it is, better for smooth immigration check make sure you have all documents and no excuses.

gbhsmp
United Kingdom

Re: OCI general queries

Post by gbhsmp » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:14 am

Thanks