ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR ON OLD PASSPORT - DO I NEED TO TRANSFER?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TAM990
Newly Registered

ILR ON OLD PASSPORT - DO I NEED TO TRANSFER?

Post by TAM990 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:54 am

Hi,

I live in the UK and have recently got renewed my passport to a MRP Bangladeshi passport which no longer has my indefinite leave to remain stamp, do i need to transfer or can i travel to turkey with both old and new passports? The visa requirement is that i have a valid visa from OECD member countries, is my old ILR still valid as supporting document?

any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

gbhsmp
United Kingdom

Re: ILR ON OLD PASSPORT - DO I NEED TO TRANSFER?

Post by gbhsmp » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:30 am

TAM990 wrote:Hi,

I live in the UK and have recently got renewed my passport to a MRP Bangladeshi passport which no longer has my indefinite leave to remain stamp, do i need to transfer or can i travel to turkey with both old and new passports? The visa requirement is that i have a valid visa from OECD member countries, is my old ILR still valid as supporting document?

any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
NO. when entering UK you can carry both passports and the immigration officer will look into your old passport for the visa.
They usually write on top of the entry stamp "VIPP" which apparently means "visa in previous passport"
You can, however, if you got time and money, get your visa transferred to the new passport.
Now-a-days there is no viginette. UKBA gives a BRP (a chiiped card which looks similar to credit card). Once you get the card ypu can travel in any passport which is valid and show the card as visa.

I am not entirely sure about OECD and requirement of valid visa. You already have ILR. Is there any endoresement in the ILR about this requirement ?
Your ILR is valid for entry into UK only. To travel to turkey on Bangladeshi passport means that I think you need a visa.
Please read this post
http://www.immigrationboards.com/other- ... 02390.html