ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

got his visa on saturday and left on sunday. can he do this?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sharonteresa
Newly Registered

got his visa on saturday and left on sunday. can he do this?

Post by sharonteresa » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:26 pm

Wonder if anyone out there can help.... My daughter married an Albanian guy 3 years ago, they have a 2 year old daughter and last month was granted his indefinate leave to remain, his visa turn ed up on Saturday morning and he left her on sunday to start "his new life in another town" obviously she is devastated... no one saw this coming, he is a very good actor!!! Is there any laws to stop him from doing this or now he has his leave to remain is he free to do what he wants?

stedman

Post by stedman » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:27 pm

Oh dear. No there's nothing anyone can do, unfortunately.

sharonteresa
Newly Registered

Post by sharonteresa » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:29 pm

We didnt think so .... thanks for the reply though, shall go off now and pick up the pieces

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:38 pm

stedman wrote:Oh dear. No there's nothing anyone can do, unfortunately.
Wow that is really obvious, maybe you can report at least and see if IND is interested.
Meanwhile, take him to court for child support.
In the US, they have started this program to prevent deadbeat dads from getting their passports for are deadbeat dads. Not sure about how it works in the UK but it doesn't hurt to not stand up for yourself

sharonteresa
Newly Registered

Post by sharonteresa » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:23 pm

We shall be reporting the incident to immigration, he will not get away with it if I can help it.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:02 pm

In order to get the ILR, you have to sign a form saying that the marriage is present and subsisting. It looks as if his intentions were wrong, and that he lied. So you could, if you wanted, contact the BIA.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

badmaash

Post by badmaash » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:21 pm

wow he must be cold hearted rather stone hearted

i say

unless there was genuine marital problems

this is the case with many kurds and albanians and they mostly go for girls on deprived estate but these girls dont have a clue see a small wad of money and are fooled and in now way do i intend your daughter sharon

but this happens

and with marriage now out of the questian these days many people just take the piss

if someone did that to me i would axe him and cripple him
that is cruel just to abandon ure wife
for ilr
what a dog

sharonteresa
Newly Registered

Post by sharonteresa » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:26 pm

thanks for all your replies, he is a cold hearted b*****d!!!! there were no marital problems he admitted to his friends that he married her for visa and his friends "kindly" told her yesterday. He put on a very good act for 4 years. His daughter was on holiday with me, and i was devastated to have to take her home to an inconsolable mther and a gutless father who had left her abandoned whilst she was on the first holiday of her little life. This man is scum of the earth!!! He took substantial amounts of money from me and my daughter, we all visited Albania, I did it in the interest of my daughter and grand daughter.... I am livid, i will not be held responsible for my actions if i ever lay eyes on him again..... I am going to lobby parliament these men cannot be allowed to get away with it, they come here have children marry our girls use them and then leave us (everyone) to support their children and the families pick up the peices. The rules governing the ILR must be more stringent to stop this from happening

badmaash

Post by badmaash » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:40 pm

i agree the rules need to be changed especially for these guys from certain countries who are just in the uk for personal benefit

like most who have come through the asylum route are not genuine it was just a easy way out i know cases where those on asylum are even renting their houses to other and making income

this happens in london where council tenents like kurds rent out their flats to wealthy gulf arabs and make a packet in the summer and we all know how much cash the gulf arabs come with

as for the indians then i see them as good migrants they contribute to society in ways of business and also are in good professions
they are a successful migrant comunnity

and with britain being a host country its laws should be respected as long it does not contradict gods laws

the uk at the moment in regards to social problems is bad
marriage is on the decline
and many girls especially from the working class estates are getting in with these albanians and it seems clear they are after visa

like me im a genuine person i did not marry to play im born in britain lived all my life there went school there
and i get probs bringing my wife over
i have to pay all sorts of fees
where there comes a poll or a bulgarian and he get a permit for free
i mean is this fair
he cant even speak english well

i mean being a citizen you should be rewarded
for it
i prefered the uk in the eighties and early nineties it was good

the only migrants then were mainlt the indian, pakistani , bangladeshi
i dont have a problem with them
except bangladesh need to do more
in ters of educating

i can understand how you feel
but remember the evil ones are never safe from gods plans

and he is ever watching

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:55 pm

badmaash wrote:
like most who have come through the asylum route are not genuine it was just a easy way out i know cases where those on asylum are even renting their houses to other and making income
As opposed to people who claim benefits, whose wives don't fancy earning a living, and expect to be able to lie their way through immigration control?

badmaash wrote: where there comes a poll or a bulgarian and he get a permit for free
i mean is this fair
Come on, your own English is absolutely appalling! Look at that sentence for a start, you can't spell "Pole" or "Polish", it should be "gets a permit" not "get a permit", it should be "can't" not "cant" and there isn't a single capital letter or full stop in sight. Don't be so rude about other people's English (people who work for a living, for example) when your own is nothing to be proud of.

In addition, your post is packed full of dearly beloved stereotypes that I find pretty offensive.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

sharonteresa
Newly Registered

Post by sharonteresa » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:02 pm

badmaash wrote:i agree the rules need to be changed especially for these guys from certain countries who are just in the uk for personal benefit

this happens in london where council tenents like kurds rent out their flats to wealthy gulf arabs and make a packet in the summer and we all know how much cash the gulf arabs come with

as for the indians then i see them as good migrants they contribute to society in ways of business and also are in good professions
they are a successful migrant comunnity

and with britain being a host country its laws should be respected as long it does not contradict gods laws

the uk at the moment in regards to social problems is bad
marriage is on the decline
and many girls especially from the working class estates are getting in with these albanians and it seems clear they are after visa

like me im a genuine person i did not marry to play im born in britain lived all my life there went school there
and i get probs bringing my wife over
i have to pay all sorts of fees
where there comes a poll or a bulgarian and he get a permit for free
i mean is this fair

i mean being a citizen you should be rewarded
for it
i prefered the uk in the eighties and early nineties it was good

the only migrants then were mainlt the indian, pakistani , bangladeshi
i dont have a problem with them
except bangladesh need to do more
in ters of educating

i can understand how you feel
but remember the evil ones are never safe from gods plans

and he is ever watching

BADMAASH
COULD YOU PLEASE REMOVE THIS, i DO NOT WANT MY THREAD TO BE dearly beloved OR OFFENSIVE, I AM MERELY ASKING A QUESTION AND PUTTING A POINT ACROSS. I DO NOT WISH TO TAR EVERYONE WITH THE SAME BRUSH!!

THANKYOU

jimquk
United Kingdom

Post by jimquk » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:15 am

Badmaash, your comments on Kurds, Albanians, Poles, Romanians, etc are totally inappropriate. How do they help the person who has presented this problem? By the way, your own English is rubbish. I knew it was you posting as soon as I saw the word "questian".

As for the problem at hand, this chap is clearly a low-life. It may be that the Home Office would look into his case a bit more deeply as it seems clear that his intention was basically fraudulent. It might be a bit different if he had left her after a few more months, but the next day..... they may well take that as too much of a co-incidence. I think that ILR can be revoked if it was obtained fraudulently.

Still, although I sympathise with you and your daughter's feelings, you need to think whether it is worth trying, and maybe failing, to get him out of the country. First of all, you need to support your daughter in whatever she wants rather than just acting yourself. Secondly, for better or worse he is the father of your granddaughter, scumbag though he may be; in the future that little girl may need to make a relationship with him - I know that may seem impossible right now, and the last thing you'ld want, but still when she's a bit older she may need to find out for herself. Would you want to have to send her to Albania to visit him? Surely not.

There's also the issue of child support. It may be difficult to get him to cough up while he's here, but once you've sent him to Albania.....

I'm really sorry about your situation. I just hope that in time he will realise that actually his little girl means more to him than a piece of paper. He may have got his ILR, he may be laughing with his friends, but he is far from love and happiness.
The Refused are coming day-by-day nearer to freedom.

badmaash

Post by badmaash » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:35 am

jim the husband is the breadwinner so please dont come down harsh on me

and you say we should not discriminate so why discriminate a women for being a housewfie

if a women wants to be a housewife and her husband is providing is this something detestable

yes i agree i make mistakes whlist wrting and i am careless with punctuation but i do know what im talking about as i did go to school in the uk from age 4 -age 16

and i also studied a course in higher education
and also know i have not spelt correctly its just laziness

to many years on the dole

im not dearly beloved towards kurds or poles i aint
i was talking about a particular people i had in mind with my own experiances
but yes i should have made clarification

so i accept my errors and i hope you do the same
sorry to all whom i have offended

i could have used spellcheck

thank you to all

by the way jim i need a few points of advise
are you willing to help me

jimquk
United Kingdom

Post by jimquk » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:45 am

Badmaash, I made no comments about husbands and wives etc. I think you are confusing my post with Amanda's.

Yes of course I will do my best to advise anyone, but really we are intruding on someone else's thread here. I have given what help I can on your threads, but I generally defer to others here who have more and deeper experience. But whatever help I can give I will.
The Refused are coming day-by-day nearer to freedom.

badmaash

Post by badmaash » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:58 am

sorry jim my appologies

as i have oppressed you unintentionaly so im very sorry and i hope you accept my appologies for that as i am to blame

ok i wait for your reply

and then maybe you can help me

amanda when you come online those points are directed at you

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:38 am

jimquk wrote:As for the problem at hand, this chap is clearly a low-life. It may be that the Home Office would look into his case a bit more deeply as it seems clear that his intention was basically fraudulent. It might be a bit different if he had left her after a few more months, but the next day..... they may well take that as too much of a co-incidence. I think that ILR can be revoked if it was obtained fraudulently.

Still, although I sympathise with you and your daughter's feelings, you need to think whether it is worth trying, and maybe failing, to get him out of the country. First of all, you need to support your daughter in whatever she wants rather than just acting yourself. Secondly, for better or worse he is the father of your granddaughter, scumbag though he may be; in the future that little girl may need to make a relationship with him - I know that may seem impossible right now, and the last thing you'ld want, but still when she's a bit older she may need to find out for herself. Would you want to have to send her to Albania to visit him? Surely not.

There's also the issue of child support. It may be difficult to get him to cough up while he's here, but once you've sent him to Albania.....

I'm really sorry about your situation. I just hope that in time he will realise that actually his little girl means more to him than a piece of paper. He may have got his ILR, he may be laughing with his friends, but he is far from love and happiness.
sharonteresa, very sorry to hear what has happened to your daughter, her daughter and you. I guess I really have nothing to add beyond that, except to say that I think that jimquk's comments are very good. Ultimately you must be there for your daughter (rather than seeking your own vengeance - not saying of course that you are doing that or would do that!). You also need to consider practical issues: Do you want a long, protracted and possibly unpleasant legal or quasi-legal battle? Would it be to your grand-daughter's benefit to have her father in Albania rather than in the UK(an open question, no doubt)? And so on.

I guess that little can be lost by making enquiries of the BIA and even by seeking the advice of a solicitor, although it would have to be one that was well grounded in immigration law, about possible ways forward.

Anyway, all the best to all of you.

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:29 am

as i did go to school in the uk from age 4 -age 16
Remind me to get my kids educated outside of the UK.

badmaash, or "bad" as it means in Hindi, are you saying you value English competence in immigrants over and above decency and facial tolerance? I also have an issue with your claim that the UK laws should be obeyed only if they match your religious beliefs. Some would say that the Albanian in question is a better person to have in the UK than you.

sharonteresa, he may be a dirty low-life but how would you suggest the authorities differentiate between a manipulative little schemer and... someone whose relationship has genuinely broken down? I know of lots of people with "genuine" marriages that have lasted less than 3 years.

Were they ever in love? Did they live together? Did they have a kid together? Did they share a bank account? These are the things that provide pointers to his intention. And to hers. If she entered into the marriage genuinely and supported his application then it's vengeful to try to withdraw that support retrospectively when the relationship breaks down. And difficult. If there were strains in the relationship my guess is that she'd have known it before his passport was returned. Her best bet is probably to move on.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:58 am

As much as I sympathise with the original poster, this is an issue for a family therapist, not an immigration lawyer.

The OP has absolutely no chance of getting the BIA involved. There is no law against leaving your wife after obtaining indefinite leave to remain and the OP would be very very hard pressed indeed to prove that the original marriage was a scam and that the spouse visa and subsequent indefinite leave to remain were obtained by deception, especially as there is a child involved.

To be perfectly frank I am quite tired of reading of posts here from vindictive ex-spouses and jilted lovers trying to use the immigration system to extract revenge on their wayward foreign lovers and spouses.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:03 am

Dawie wrote:As much as I sympathise with the original poster, this is an issue for a family therapist, not an immigration lawyer.

The OP has absolutely no chance of getting the BIA involved. There is no law against leaving your wife after obtaining indefinite leave to remain and the OP would be very very hard pressed indeed to prove that the original marriage was a scam and that the spouse visa and subsequent indefinite leave to remain were obtained by deception, especially as there is a child involved.

To be perfectly frank I am quite tired of reading of posts here from vindictive ex-spouses and jilted lovers trying to use the immigration system to extract revenge on their wayward foreign lovers and spouses.
In general, I agree with your sentiment, and think most people in this situation should move on. However, this one is a bit too glaring. Overall, the only thing I suggest the OP to do is to write a letter to IND and inform them of the situation. If IND wants to pursue it, grand. Otherwise from an immigration point of view, it is definitely time to move on.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:39 am

SYH wrote:
Dawie wrote:As much as I sympathise with the original poster, this is an issue for a family therapist, not an immigration lawyer.

In general, I agree with your sentiment, and think most people in this situation should move on. However, this one is a bit too glaring. Overall, the only thing I suggest the OP to do is to write a letter to IND and inform them of the situation. If IND wants to pursue it, grand. Otherwise from an immigration point of view, it is definitely time to move on.
Agree with Syh. But for us....few of us would know what it's like until it happens to us - I never like to judge and act like people are just whinging - it's bad enough when a marriage breaks down (and, say, a person walks out for someone else/a "better life"), but it's even worse when, after having a child with said person, they walk out on you after getting that piece of paper that they wanted from you.

I just think some of us need to show a bit more...sensitivity. Plus, they have a kid together...

Now...the child is really important. I would suggest to the OP that they first realise that, the ILR aside, he can still actually stay in the UK because his child is a British citizen, and he can apply for "right to remain as the child of a British citizen"....well, I am sure he'd have to show proof of supporting the child, but either way, there is no way of getting him sent back to Albania, if that is the intention.

I guess for her, the best thing she should do is, like syh wrote, if she really wants to pursue this, just write to the BIA and inform them of the situation - it is really up to them to pursue this, if they wanted to. Also, certainly find a family lawyer because there is a child involved and it's important that, if they are going to divorce, she makes sure he pays for child support or something.

Prince1

Post by Prince1 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:50 am

sharonteresa,

Ask your daughter to calm down and look after herself first..give her as much emotional support as you can....help from friends...church/mosque will be relevant as well...

It is worthwhile notifying the Home Office and seeking advice from Immigration/Family lawyer.

...and please don't waste your time trying to get even....He is not worth the attention...rather it is time for a makeover...step up and give your daughter ALL the support to become ...a better and more confident person.

When one door is shut...another one will open...

nonothing

Post by nonothing » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:34 pm

SYH wrote:

that's the right strategy.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:32 pm

badmaash wrote:jim the husband is the breadwinner so please dont come down harsh on me

and you say we should not discriminate so why discriminate a women for being a housewfie

if a women wants to be a housewife and her husband is providing is this something detestable
Ok, as those points were apparently directed at me, rather than Jim:

There is nothing wrong with a woman being a housewife per se. But if the husband isn't a breadwinner, and the couple wants to meet the immigration rules, someone has to be working. Not discrimination, just not relying on public funds! It's really simple.

Nothing detestable, but I do feel that people should look after their own families, not rely on benefits and then try to lie to get round the Rules.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:10 pm

Really sympathise with you.The best option would be to move on. Since everyone's 'googling' each other these days from prospective employers to girlfriends, you could get the word out on this guy by writing your daughter's experience in a blog, or making a post on him from the 'don't date him' type websites. Of course, you have to make sure you don't fall on the wrong side of UK libel laws.somehow I have the suspicion he won't be in a hurry to sue you...

badmaash

Post by badmaash » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:11 pm

no doubt amanda that is right that somebody who is able to work should not sit around and do nothing and scrounge of the benefits system i agree with you

my point only was that as im a sick person since 2005 so i am unable to work and my wife she does not work because she is a housewife , and once i get better i would be working and then looking after her

so my questian was that i was trying to find out that due to me being sick and my wife not working (as she is a housewfie) would we be considered for ilr

thanks to all