ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2nd UK General Visit Visa Refusal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kayramagracia
Newly Registered

2nd UK General Visit Visa Refusal

Post by kayramagracia » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:04 pm

It will be very much appreciated if you'd take time reading my situation and give me proper advice on what I have to do for when I re-apply for a UK general visit visa. Here's a few insights on my story.

I am a Filipino Citizen, holding a Philippine passport of course and currently working as a kindergarten teacher in Phnom Penh Cambodia. I have first filed my application for a UK general visit visa last June 2014 through VFS global and it was processed in Bangkok. The said trip is intended to go sight-seeing since it's been my dream to visit England ever since. I have a British national friend whom I have met in the US during our on the job training back in 2014 and he is willing to sponsor me and let me stay at his place. He will not support me financially though.

Now for the first application I filed, They have refused my visa because of a couple of reasons. First is because I was not able to give proof that I have genuine relationship with my friend. I have known him for two years now, We met in the Philippines in December 2013 during his break to meet me and other Filipino friends he have met in the US. The last time I saw him was in September 2014 during his trip here in Cambodia. I have accommodated him in both trips so in return he's going to give me accommodation for when I visit England. The second reason is that I have stated that my mom is going to pay for my whole trip as a graduation gift (I am a fresh graduate) Now the thing is, I didn't know and my mom didn't tell me that there is only 6,840 Dirhams's (1088 GBP)in her bank account which clearly isn't enough to pay for the trip. The ECO wasn't satisfied on the balance of probabilities that I have close genuine ties with my sponsor and that I have enough funds to pay for the cost of the trip.
I admit that getting denied was my fault as I did not research thoroughly on what I need as supporting documents and overlooked the money available to me.

8 months later, after saving up money from juggling 2 jobs I applied for the second time. This time, I made sure I have provided everything that I can possibly provide as proof for the ECO.
I made sure to include pictures of my friend and I from US, Philippines and Cambodia times. Viber Call logs, and Emails just to prove that our communication is still existent. Although I did not state that my mom is going to pay for my trip anymore. I said that I will be shouldering the whole trip and just gonna use the graduation money gift from my mom to a trip to japan with my sister. (which I really do plan on doing) I have provided evidence of my employment such as employment contract, certificate, a letter stating that I am allowed to have a month long break, I even include some of my payslips and time sheets ( not all though because I lost them) I also have provided a bank certificate and bank book from my personal savings account, I even purchased health and travel insurance that is valid for a month, included US tax return documents as back up to some of the money I have in my bank account. I included a sponsorship letter from my friend and pay slips for 7 months

Today, I got the result of the 2nd application and got another Refusal of entry clearance.
The ECO stated that I have not provided substantiating evidence of regular income or employment. (I did not provide any proof of employment with my second job as it is just personal tutoring.) The other reason they gave is that my friend was not able to provide evidence of his financial circumstances over a substantive period of time. The last reason is that I have not provided any evidence of where did my recent 1,330USD deposit was from saying that it is way above my claimed monthly income and that it indicates artificial inflation in my bank account. in my defense, it was from my mom who is working in UAE. She gives me roughly about 1,300 USD cash or item worth the same as that annually as support since my parents got annulled. I just do not know how to prove it since it was just given to me cash because bank transfers costs a lot.

Can anyone give me advice on what documents I can provide as proof to the things they are doubting. I am planning on applying really soon as I really want to use the time given to me by my company to go to the UK.

-should I ask my mom to write a letter stating that she gave me money, etc.?
-should I make my tutoring employer write a letter too stating my wage?
-would it help if I promise that I will return to cambodia and I have no intentions of jeopardizing my future travels.

Please please please all sort of help will be very much appreciated!

xx
KAyra

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Re: 2nd UK General Visit Visa Refusal

Post by Mauser1905 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:55 am

Please have a look through similar thread on this forum. That shall help you immensely.

And if you wanted honest personal opinion then save yourself money and grief and don't bother third time applying. From the case you have presented it seems to me very difficult to convenience third time.

Below is a document with guidance on credibility and intentions, have a keen look.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 5_0EXT.pdf

blossommum
Newly Registered

Re: 2nd UK General Visit Visa Refusal

Post by blossommum » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:35 pm

Hello,

I have traveled to Uk on general visit visa recently where my dad sponsored the trip.
Documents i attached were:

birth certificate
letter from dad stating that he is sponsoring my trip (attested by a CA)
His bank statement for atleast 28 days (approx £8000 he had in his account)
Meeting letter (i came for meeting)
Accommodation proof (Friends rent agreement)
Dad business papers( in your case Mother's work letter)
Letter from myself stating the reason for visit.
travel tickets (even return)
My dad's CA letter stating his bank account transactions and final balance.

In your case i would say that ask your mom to attach her bank documents with good balance, her work contract, her letter stating that is ready to sponsor your trip if possible get it attested from a family CA.
Secondly, you dont require to say that your friend is sponsoring, he cant do that until he has some relation to you. I would say just provide your friends address as your accommodation arrangement.
While filling the form do mention that you will pay rent for a month £300-400 per month(even if you dont pay keep it a secret).
Book some sight seeing or small tourist attraction in London or wherever you desire to go when you intend to travel and attach the proof with the application.
If you are attending any school or institute then attach their letter.

If you have strong financial papers from your Mom then dont attach you work contract or any details regarding it OR may be if you can attach that you have recently started working few months ago and their holiday letter from the company where you work.

Birth certificate is important or any other documents that states you and your mother relation.

Home office will always see that you have enough money to travel and you will come back to your country after your holidays.

I hope this helps you.