ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ak0152
Newly Registered

MN1 Form

Post by ak0152 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:25 pm

Hi Everyone

Please Can you guys help and guide me in completing MN1 form ,I wish to apply for my UK born son who will be 2 years old in next few days under section 1(3) using .

I need some help filling the application, for some questions i have answered but don’t know if it is right or wrong and some i don’t have any clue. Can senior members, gurus and people who did the same process for their kids recently if you can please help that would be really helpful and kind of you. Thanking you in anticipation

Section 1 ( personal information)
Q 1.2> Shall i leave blank or give the reference no which is on the letter issued me when i was granted ILR
Q 1.3> i left blank , because he doesnot have any passport nor ILR
Q 1.9> Pakistan ( even though i did not register him or got him Pakistan passport)

Section 2 Residence requirements

Q 2.1> My son is born in UK, what shall i write his date of birth or just leave it BLANK (question says please give, date and place of first arrival)
Q 2.2 > i have written our current address and for dates i have written from my son’s date of birth to current date
Q 2.3> Blank or shall i write N/A –Not applicable
Q 2.4 > United Kingdom

Section 3 (Parents residence)

Q 3.1> Me and my wife both are Pakistani ( I left it blank, did not tick any box)
Q 3.2 > Shall i write my address or leave it blank
Q 3.3> Blank or n/a
Q 3.4> my wife’s address which is same but shall i leave it blank (same as question 3.2)
Q 3.5> Blank or n/a
Q 3.6> grandparents details ( I really don’t understand this), shall i leave it blank
Q 3.7 to Q 3.12> blank
Section 4 : Good character Requirement
Q 4.1 to 4.18 ( My son is 2 years old), so i left it blank as this section is for children above 10 and over

Section 5 ( Referees and Identity)

Q 5.1> Got 2 persons who are British citizen to sign and both are above 35 years of age .
Photograph ( size/ dimensions any idea, because it is not listed in the Guide about any particular size)

Section 6 : (Consent to the application)

Q 6.1 myself signed
Q 6.2 my wife signed
Q 6.3 to 6.5 blank
Section 7: Declaration

Q 7.1 My full name (father of applicant)

Finally shall i tick
Q 7.6> I did not understand
Q 7.8> it is only my son applying not parents, shall i leave it blank
Q 7.9> i am applying under section 1(3), shall i tick or leave it blank

I know it is lot of questions but kindly take time and answer, i got just few days to apply, if experts or people with similar experience can help me that would be really helpful.

Many thanks,

Adeel

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 Form

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:50 pm

Have you read the MN1 guide? It does answer most of your questions :

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... e_2014.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ramanathan.pl

Post by ramanathan.pl » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:37 pm

Hi,

I too went through the MN1 guidelines and would like to get info on the below:

1. Under point 1.2, do I need to mention my ILR Approval letter reference number from Home Office or my Biometric card number?
2. For point 1.3, my son born in the UK only has Tier 1 (General) visa and not ILR. Can I leave this blank?
3. For point 2.2, the 'from date' of the present address, I had given his birth date as we still live in the same house. What do I give for 'to date', can I leave it blank?

Please let me know

Many Thanks,
Raam

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:07 pm

@ramanathan.pl
1. Your BRP reference or ILR letter or you can leave it blank
2. Yes
3. The date YOU moved into the property and the date to is 'present'
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ramanathan.pl

Post by ramanathan.pl » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:03 am

Hi CR001,

Many thanks for your reply. may I ask if the 'From Date' - is for me as a parent moved to that property and not for baby?
For the 'To date' - can I write the date I submit to NCS?

Regards,
Raam

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:39 am

ramanathan.pl wrote:Hi CR001,

Many thanks for your reply. may I ask if the 'From Date' - is for me as a parent moved to that property and not for baby?
For the 'To date' - can I write the date I submit to NCS?

Regards,
Raam
2.2 Provide all the child’s home addresses in the UK or the British overseas territory
for the last 5 years. If the child has lived in the UK for less than 5 years, please
provide all addresses since entry.
Its all to do with child.