ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Job market during Oct-Dec

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fly2uk

UK Job market during Oct-Dec

Post by fly2uk » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:35 pm

Hi All,

I would be applying for EC in a couple of weeks time and hope to arrive in UK by early-mid october. My question is if this is a good time to be in UK so far as the job opportunities are concerned. I have heard that this is the time when many companies get approvals on new projects and hence go on recruitment spree. On the contrary, I have also read else where that november onwards would be vacation time and hence job market will be slow till January next year. So I am in a bit of a dilemma as to when to plan to arrive in UK. I wud prefer the mid october time personally because of some personal reasons, but then again I wudnt want to exhaust my limited funds by spending time in UK when there is a slump in job market.

Experts, Seniors and ppl already working in UK, pls advise.

Thanks

sandip_panigrahi
Newly Registered

Post by sandip_panigrahi » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:58 am

fly2uk,
I have worked in the UK in the past and my experience says its NOT A GOOD IDEA to land in UK in Nov-Dec.Its X-mas time and there is hardly any happenings as far as projects and recruitment are concerned.

You may get a job during this time too,but surely you will increase your chances if you go there by mid or end of Jan.While I was there a year back,there was hardly any happenings in X-mas time.I spoke to a few agents there and they also echo the same even now.That's the reason why I am going for HSMP in Nov (contrary to my earlier plans for HSMP in Oct ) ,so I can alnd there in Jan.

It is my personal observation.

All the best,
Sandip.