ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(M) Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ksandman321
Newly Registered

ILR SET(M) Query

Post by ksandman321 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:32 pm

Hi my BRP expires 19-04-2015. As far as I was aware I have to send off my application for ILR SET(M) 28 days before the 19th April. And while it is processing my current visa extends until a decision is given. After coming to this site I'm getting confused a bit by all the topics. Am I correct in my thinking that everything should go smoothly provided I have all documentation, etc?

A few other questions include:
My wife tells me after I get my ILR confirmation I have to go do another Biomentrics?
I see peoples accepted applications and notice everyones saying they included am 'Appointment Letter', I'm just curious what exactly this appointment letter is/was for?
Because I have to send off my BRP and passport, I will have no ID in this country. Are these documents returned or what can I do in the event I need ID?

Thanks for reading and helping.

gbhsmp
United Kingdom

Re: ILR SET(M) Query

Post by gbhsmp » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:47 pm

Hi my BRP expires 19-04-2015. As far as I was aware I have to send off my application for ILR SET(M) 28 days before the 19th April. And while it is processing my current visa extends until a decision is given. After coming to this site I'm getting confused a bit by all the topics. Am I correct in my thinking that everything should go smoothly provided I have all documentation, etc?

A few other questions include:
My wife tells me after I get my ILR confirmation I have to go do another Biomentrics?
When you go for PEO appointment usually they take another set of biometric information for ILR including a photo which comes in the BRP. I think this will hold good for postal application too. I think some of them who have got ILR via postal application recently must be able to comment on this.
I see peoples accepted applications and notice everyones saying they included am 'Appointment Letter', I'm just curious what exactly this appointment letter is/was for?
Because I have to send off my BRP and passport, I will have no ID in this country. Are these documents returned or what can I do in the event I need ID?
Your passport will be returned along with the approval letter(this is what happens when you attend a PEO too). After a few days (usually 3-4 days and less than a week) your new BRP stating your ILR status will be sent to you. Only then you can travel and come back into UK. Until you get your new ILR BRP do not plan any travel since UK will not stop you going out of UK but you may have difficulties entering UK(although you can argue that you have the letter stating the approval of ILR in the immigration; but that is too complicated).
Thanks for reading and helping.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:03 pm

If you are applying by post, HO will write to you to do your biometrics. You will need to take the letter they send you to the Post Office and have it done.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ksandman321
Newly Registered

Post by ksandman321 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:12 pm

Thanks for the help guys, what exactly is a PEO? I've been to my biometrics, had my fingerprints taken and photo. I got the card and such. Maybe I should be more detailed as I'm applying for ILR through a spousal visa (I have a wife and now we have two children, both british citizens). Thanks again for the help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:33 pm

PEO is the service to apply in person for a visa or ILR and get a decision on the same day.

If you have done a postal application for ILR, Home Office will write to you to go and do your biometrics for your ILR application. Biometrics are required to be done for every application you do, even if you have done them before. It is the way they confirm that you are the correct person who is applying.

If you need to keep your personal ID documents, I would suggest you either apply in person (at a higher fee) or use the Settlement Checking Service at your local council.

You can apply any time WITHIN the 28 days before your visa expires, so 19th April minus 28 days.

What is the start date of your spouse visa and how long was it issued for?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:07 am

PEOs have been renamed as PSCs - Premium Service Centres
https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... um-service
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ksandman321
Newly Registered

Post by ksandman321 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:29 pm

Oh ok, Thanks so much for the clarification :) Not as nervous now as it's pretty straightforward, just had me worried.

ksandman321
Newly Registered

Post by ksandman321 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:45 pm

Just a final question:

About the actual application itself. Section 13 declarations, it says unmarried/same sex partner, my wife and I are married so do we even need to fill out/sign/send these pages?