ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence from the UK employer letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pranav.vaidya

Absence from the UK employer letter

Post by pranav.vaidya » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:33 pm

Hi,

I've been out of the UK for around 100 days in last 5 years (business travel + personal travel). My ex-employer has given me a letter stating

" We don't track personal leave. And we don't keep records of personal or business travel. And therefore can't confirm my travel dates during the period of employment."

Is this enough to confirm my absence from in last 5 years. Will this be accepted.

Could someone please confirm this as I'm planning to apply for ILR PEO next week.

Thanks.

navodwickra

Re: Absence from the UK employer letter

Post by navodwickra » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:45 am

pranav.vaidya wrote:Hi,

I've been out of the UK for around 100 days in last 5 years (business travel + personal travel). My ex-employer has given me a letter stating

" We don't track personal leave. And we don't keep records of personal or business travel. And therefore can't confirm my travel dates during the period of employment."

Is this enough to confirm my absence from in last 5 years. Will this be accepted.

Could someone please confirm this as I'm planning to apply for ILR PEO next week.

Thanks.
Not sure why people ask this question so many times. If you have been out of the country within your limits (450 days or something like that) you do not have to justify your holidays. Stamp on your passport is more than enough. I wrote mine down roughly according to my passport on both ILR and Citizenship applications and I never submitted a single shred of evidence to justify my holidays. 100 days is just fine. I think I had about 250 odd days :D

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:52 am

You should be fine. Include your employer letter and self explanatory letter should be fine.

pranav.vaidya

Post by pranav.vaidya » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:57 am

Thanks haiksuresh, appreciate your help.